PDA

View Full Version : What a way to make you feel bad :(

LittleLegsCM
29-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Children really do have a way to make you feel like crap without doing much, don't they?!

I picked up my 6yo mindee from school, got in the car chatting away as you do. We get to the second school, I get the 3 toddlers out and the 6yo looks like he's about to cry! I immediately stopped what I was doing and asked if he ok. At first he just said 'nothing!' in a real stern way (surprised me considering we were chatting away only seconds before) so I just said its ok you can tell me, what's wrong? His reply: I didn't want to come to your house, I hate it, it's boring!! :( I'm always trying to find if he wants to do stuff but he ALWAYS says no :(

I asked if there was anything I could do to make it better and he said no cos he can't bring his DS to mine and that's what it was actually about (there is no where to keep it safe at school so understandingly mum won't let him take it) 5 minutes later he was happy again, playing with the 9yo we just picked up but it made me feel pretty naff :(

Oh well, off to cry in the corner of my boring home!

Bridey
29-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Manipulation at its very best! :rolleyes:

EmmaReed84
29-05-2012, 04:36 PM
I had a mindee in the lounge crying saying say she wanted her Daddy and wanted to go home and she hated it here. I flew in the room to find out what was wrong (honestly I love this mindee to bits, she is ace lol) and she giggled at me saying "No Emma, don't be silly I am playing make believe and I am at my evil childminders... Not you.. but an evil one and I want my Daddy" When Daddy came to collect later on she cried because she wanted to stay...

However for that split second I was mortified she seemed so upset to be here... An Oscar on it's way to her in the future me thinks lol.

As for finding your house boring because he has not got his DS... I get that all the time... from my own son... And DH at times because I made him sell his PSP :D

mushpea
29-05-2012, 05:59 PM
life is so boring without anything electronic these days:laughing:

seriously though I wonder what they would do if we turned of the electrics, I have a 4yrold who turns up most mornings sulking cause daddy has took the ds away, she soon finds somthing to do though, I wouldnt feel to bad, I dont suppose he really thinks oyour house is boring, was probably just sulking cause he wanted his ds.
I had a child having an absouluting screaming fit paddy today, when he calmed down enought for me to understand him (3.5yrs) it was because he couldnt hang the towel up :laughing:, dont you just love em

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Apparently I cook really boring dinners!

Which the child wolfs down every single night and often asks for seconds!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

take it with a pinch of salt hun:)

VeggieSausage
29-05-2012, 07:39 PM
On of my after schoolies keeps saying 'Good old Sarah' to me.....the way it is said is obviously something said at home in a sort of sarcastic way i think....lol, her parents would be horrified if they knew it was repeated I'm sure.

LittleLegsCM
29-05-2012, 08:43 PM
On of my after schoolies keeps saying 'Good old Sarah' to me.....the way it is said is obviously something said at home in a sort of sarcastic way i think....lol, her parents would be horrified if they knew it was repeated I'm sure.

LOL I can imagine it now LO- "Sarah lets me do this, Sarah lets me do that!" Parent- "Well, Good old Sarah!" :laughing:

rosebud
29-05-2012, 08:55 PM
LOL I can imagine it now LO- "Sarah lets me do this, Sarah lets me do that!" Parent- "Well, Good old Sarah!" :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Love this!

I have a nearly 5 year old who has been coming since he was 6 months old. I pick him up from school twice a week and nearly every time he says "I don't want YOU to pick me up!" and then shouts when mum comes because he doesn't want to leave. :rolleyes:

Monkey26
29-05-2012, 11:05 PM
One of my longstanding mindees said to her mummy "JoJo's house is boring now, when is she going to move again?!" ... We've only been here a year so she's well outta luck :D

This is also the same mindee who had her preschool jabs on Thursday and mum had to ring me 'cos she was stood in the surgery after screaming "I want my JoJo to kiss me better... Nasty nurse stabbed me and you let her mummy!!!" :D xx