PDA

View Full Version : Grant money

Tatia
05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I've just received a letter saying that practitioners in Southend can apply for grant money to help them more effectively deliver EYFS, with an emphasis being on outdoor large play equipment and ICT, although all reasonable requests will be entertained (although not an extension on my house, cos I already asked:laughing:!). I talked with my network cooridnator and she said basically, write myself a very expensive wish list. So that's what I'm doing. So far, I've come up with a few bits, although 3 and 5 need to be more specific.

1. Wendy house, probably a raised one with a slide (gross motor skills and all:D )
2. Persona doll
3. Makaton accessories
4. ICT as in digital camera for the kids to use
5. Multicultural resources, such as ethnic dolls (I d have some but want more) and dolls, posters and books featuring people with disabilites

What's your top 5 wish list if you could access grant money to pay for it?

crazybones
05-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Thinking..............

1. If I cant have a conservatory with bifold doors that open out into the garden, then a solid gazeebo that I can cover the whole patio with. I did see one with a bar down the side for parties but maybe not:D
2. A larger Little Tikes climbing frame/slide
3. An aquarium or some sort of easy to look after animals
4. A persona doll
5. Digi camera or 2 ;) suitable for the children.

Thats off the top of my head. I am sure with more though I could come up with more - like a laptop.

chubbymummy
05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
if money was no option

1. a lap top for sole use of childminding, that kids can use without dh worring that we will get a virus
2. i too would like a fixed canopy over the decking that i could retract when not minding but made shade when i was
3. play tunnels
4. a parachute
5. employ a cleaner 'cos when the heck i'm supposed to do it i don't know. the house gets bad 'cos of all the kids and people that come in the house each day. if i wourked elsewhere then i could come home after work and find the house as i left it!!!!!

ajs
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
i think i'm moving to southend tatia
we get nothing zipp nowt nada

i would have
1 a trampoline
2 a play house
3 a patio
4 a swimming pool
5 lots of outdoor toys:laughing:

sarah707
05-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I want -

a camera for the kids to use;

an awning - but we tried to get one and it won't fit :( so a stronger gazebo;

a nice big water dispenser that doesn't drip;

new easel with accessories;

trolley to store all my crafty stuff (though not sure the house is big enough).

How much are houses round your way then? :D

Tatia
05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Southend is very good to their childminders. Well, to Early Years workers in general.

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
OOOHHHH think i need to move lol

I might have to inquire about these grants
Id have a pool too
Large climbing frame fixed to the ground big big big one lol
A conservatory lol
an extension to my house
do you think it would stretch that far lol

angeldelight
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
I havent got a top 5