PDA

View Full Version : 18 month old mindee just grassed on me

EmmaReed84
29-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I was making the children their lunches, crumpets and a lovely fruit salad! As I was putting the fruit in their bowls I saw the box of Mr Kipling mini battenburg cakes so quickly pinched one when 18 month old mindee walks in... What does she do?... Runs back in the lounge shouting "F, F, Emma got cake!" :blush:

So now the kids have crumpets and fruit salad, with a promise of some battenburg when they have finished it all... Now do I give them a whole mini cake each and finish the box or give them half each which leave 1 and half left for later lol.... hmmmmmm :rolleyes: :laughing:

Bridey
29-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Emma, Emma, Emma. I know you are relatively new to this so I feel I have a duty to share what I have learnt during 12 years of minding ... always hide behind a kitchen cupboard door! :laughing:

rickysmiths
29-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Or wait until they are asleep :laughing::laughing:

I will sometimes give them a biscuit for snack time, always a plain one. I sometimes have choc biscuits and they are known as Brita's special biscuits :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 11:19 AM
or sneak of to the bathroom or down the garden!:laughing:

rickysmiths
29-05-2012, 11:22 AM
or sneak of to the bathroom or down the garden!:laughing:

You can't do that because the mindees may be out of sight and hearing :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 11:25 AM
You can't do that because the mindees may be out of sight and hearing :rolleyes:

uh uh - believe me they are ALWAYS in sight and/or hearing:thumbsup:

littlecheeks
29-05-2012, 01:33 PM
lol caught! if i ever get caught eating something i shouldnt i say 'its very spicy' normally does the trick!

Toothfairy
29-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I always stand with my back to the babygate if im eating something naughty. Then if mindees come to the gate and ask me what im doing, i just say im looking out the window. :blush: :laughing:

EmmaReed84
29-05-2012, 04:13 PM
My son usually calls me for something when I am eating in the kitchen and then asks what I have in my mouth and makes me show him... I usually finish what I am eating and carry on pretending to chew and tell I was pretending :blush: Don't think he believes me, he is 3 and you should see the look I get.

sophia36
29-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Emma, Emma, Emma. I know you are relatively new to this so I feel I have a duty to share what I have learnt during 12 years of minding ... always hide behind a kitchen cupboard door! :laughing:

brilliant advice and take it from me, it works everytime!

PixiePetal
29-05-2012, 05:28 PM
lol caught! if i ever get caught eating something i shouldnt i say 'its very spicy' normally does the trick!

or 'it's got nuts in it and you don't eat nuts':D

WibbleWobble
29-05-2012, 05:32 PM
i had a bit of fruit and nut hidden in my handbag. Handbag is always on a peg in the hall. A (4) asked me if i was ok today.....i said yes i was ok....why>

"you keep having to visit your handbag....to use your breather!" (breather is my inhaler!!!!)

ooops......

uf353432
29-05-2012, 05:35 PM
When I was eating something random the other day my nearly 4 yr old asked if I was chewing my teeth again? apparently this is an excuse I had used in the past! lol! :laughing: