PDA

View Full Version : First aid

mum2two
29-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I know a cm who's first aid has ran out, and ofsted are coming. They've had a member of the NCMA round, who has booked them onto a course and told her that she'll be fine as she's booked on one...

My understanding was no valid first aid means inadequate! Bearing in mind been registered for 4 yrs, (and this is their first inspection,)they should be fully aware it had run out as never re done it since registering....???

I will say - if I find out they've got a 'good' I will be annoyed, as makes a mockery of all the sats I've given up for various training etc over the yrs when this cm's done nothing - not even bothering to fulfil a legal requirement.... :angry:

xx

Tealady
29-05-2012, 11:04 AM
A childminder local to me, works with her mum who is also registered, got inadequate for having a lapsed 1st aid cert. (I found it strange that she had let it lapse as her Mum is "outstanding" so you would have thought between them they would know the legal requirements)

The childminder was then inspected 3 months after and awarded "good" you might find that you friend may get similar, providing everything elses is up to scratch.

TooEarlyForGin?
29-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I know a childminder whose first aid ran out. She called OFSTED and they confirmed it was illegal to operate without a valid certificate, but if she could get someone on the premises who had one it would cover her. She asked another childminder to help out and stay with her until she got on a course

mum2two
29-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Hmmm - will be interesting to see what happens then, as she has one of the nicest inspectors doing it. :rolleyes: (We've had her twice!)

xx

teacake2
29-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Now this is a very sore point with me, one particular cm near me has let her first aid expire twice and she was inspected both times with this and both times she was awarded good, it beggars belief that she got away with it twice, she wasn't even booked on a course to do it at a later date. Now she has applied to be on the same network as me and work to being accredited, I told the co-ordinator some time ago that if she allowed her on I for one would be leaving, so it looks like after being on a network for 10 yrs and accredited for 7 I will be leaving at the end of July after my eldest one leaves for school:angry::angry::angry:
Teacake2

mum2two
29-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Well, she got a satisfactory... :rolleyes: Seeing how she wasn't meeting the legal requirements, I think she was lucky to get that!!!!

xxx