PDA

View Full Version : Trampolines

nikki thomson
28-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I was looking after my beautiful god daughter this afternoon in a non cm way and she's just turned one a few weeks ago, her and my dd who is 4 were on the trampoline (no mindee's today) and they were having such a good time, I'd told my daughter no bouncing and the pair of them were having a whale of a time.
You know when children really laugh almost hysterically because there enjoying themselfs so much, well that's what they were like and I thought its so sad that the lo I look after can't use my trampoline. It seems such a shame that common sense with these things has gone right out the window and people seem to of forgotten what joy a simple thing like bum shuffling on a trampoline can bring, it's a very sad world in which we seem to live.

pinkrabbit
28-05-2012, 08:31 PM
I agree with you. I didn't bother putting my trampoline up last summer because the boys i look after don't understand why they can't use my trampoline like they use theirs at home. It very sad when all we need is common sense.

lulubelle
28-05-2012, 09:43 PM
why cant they use them? mrs o told me as long as i have parental permission and that i follow strict rules- ie one child at a time etc then its fine

pinkrabbit
29-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Thats what my boys don't like. They are allowed to go on together at home and they also play on it together with a football.

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Why can't you use it?
providing you have read all the manufacturers guidelines and you adhere to them - and have parental permissions etc.... you can use it.

pinkrabbit
29-05-2012, 07:24 AM
I have parental permission but Ofsted and my trampolines guidelines say only one person should be using the trampoline at any one time.

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I have parental permission but Ofsted and my trampolines guidelines say only one person should be using the trampoline at any one time.

So just one person uses it at a time then? It IS safer that way seeing as they (the children) aren't trained in trampoline duets and stunts.

Ofsted don't say that - your insurance will!:)

most manufacturers will have a guideline age and providing you stick to the manufacturers guidelines, a good policy and risk assessment (shared with clients and children) and you gain parental permission your insurance will cover you,

nikki thomson
29-05-2012, 09:25 AM
She can't use it because she's under six and the age on the trampoline says 6 and over so it would make no difference if I had parental permission as my insurance will not cover me, mrs o even put it in my ofsted report that I don't follow manufactures recommendations putting children's lives at risk.
This was 3 years ago, so since then no mindee's under 6 are allowed on.

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 09:27 AM
She can't use it because she's under six and the age on the trampoline says 6 and over so it would make no difference if I had parental permission as my insurance will not cover me, mrs o even put it in my ofsted report that I don't follow manufactures recommendations putting children's lives at risk.
This was 3 years ago, so since then no mindee's under 6 are allowed on.

totally agree about not letting a minded child not use something against manufacturers guidelines

however

i would NOT have allowed Mrs O to have put something like that about my own personal life/children

AliceK
29-05-2012, 09:35 AM
We had a big trampoline at our old house but how many under 6's do you know that are allowed to use a trampoline at home? I think all of mine have one from about the age of 3 or even younger and when you have 3, 4, 5yr olds wanting to use yours and you can't let them it causes trouble because my own 2 children do want to use it and the others can't. Anyway we got rid of ours when we moved so no more arguing and upset.

I agree with OP though it is silly that we can't just use our own common sense and safeguarding policys to enable all children to have a nice time on one.

xxxxx

Bridey
29-05-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm desperate to get rid of mine. Its 14'!! It belongs to my 14 year old son who seems to only be using it to sunbathe on but won't let me get rid. I don't use it for minding anymore - just too much of a headache.

I've already planned for chickens and a veg patch for when its gone! :laughing:

AliceK
29-05-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm desperate to get rid of mine. Its 14'!! It belongs to my 14 year old son who seems to only be using it to sunbathe on but won't let me get rid. I don't use it for minding anymore - just too much of a headache.

Sounds like a whole lot less hassle :laughing:

xxx

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 11:06 AM

ahh you see I miss mine badly... I loved our trampoline:( it got worn out from many pleasurable hours usage and the OH doesn't really want me to get another

snuffy123lulu
29-05-2012, 11:54 AM
I have got one that is age 3-7. My three/four/five year olds use it for role play more than bouncing, it is mostly a princess castle draped with sparkly capes where inside the princess is asleep waiting to be rescued. Or a fire station where the resscue begins Much more fun than bouncing (if they bounce it is one at a time). I sit in it with the 18 month old and hold his hands and my own 18 year old sunbathes in it. We are getting so bogged down in rules, regs and ra's we are forgetting how to have fun, it makes me very sad.

As long as all permissions are signed and I supervise ALL the time I think it's fine :)

FussyElmo
29-05-2012, 01:17 PM

I kept my trampoline and still got the chickens and veg patch. My trampoline is used differently when my family use it and when Im working.

Its one on at a time and I have a timer and sorry no under 6's which is explained to the parents who usually say they will sign to say they give permission :) but this is always refused.

However mine are total lunitics on it didnt help when dh showed the children how to flip :rolleyes: but our children our guilt if they get hurt :thumbsup: