PDA

View Full Version : Signed Contract last wk, now parents want to change it! What to do?

Tippy Toes
28-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi All

I signed a contract with a parent last wk for after school care and 3 days a wk during half terms/inset days.

Parent has now asked can she just have after school care with no half term care.

What would you do? I am thinking of asking for half fees during the half terms in order to hold the space as I am unlikely to fill the half terms.

What do you do? / think?

Thanks for help/views and advice, much appreciated.

pinkbutterfly
28-05-2012, 08:38 PM
I would say 'sure no problem but my fee for term time only is £X'. I prefer not to have a retainer and have a higher fee during term time and not having to hold a space in holidays as I like being less busy. In effect the parent still pays me the same amount over year as she would if I charged them half fee. If you charge a retainer you are obliged to keep the space to be used by the child if the parent chooses to top up the fee. I work it out this way ... lets say the fee is £4 so £4x39 school weeks=156 , £2x13 holiday weeks = £26 26+156=182/39 school weeks = £4.66 so my term time only fee would be £4.66 but I would round it up to £4.70 :D

Tealady
28-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I would say 'sure no problem but my fee for term time only is £X'. I prefer not to have a retainer and have a higher fee during term time and not having to hold a space in holidays as I like being less busy. In effect the parent still pays me the same amount over year as she would if I charged them half fee. If you charge a retainer you are obliged to keep the space to be used by the child if the parent chooses to top up the fee. I work it out this way ... lets say the fee is £4 so £4x39 school weeks=156 , £2x13 holiday weeks = £26 26+156=182/39 school weeks = £4.66 so my term time only fee would be £4.66 but I would round it up to £4.70 :D

Just what I do :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
28-05-2012, 09:40 PM
This is what I do now as well :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
29-05-2012, 08:43 AM
How would I justify the higher fee? Ive signed the contract now (although it will need to be changed now.)

I charge £5 for the first hr and £3.85 for the hr's after.

Kiddleywinks
29-05-2012, 08:51 AM
You justify it by explaining you worked the fees out based on a full time rate, they're now changing the contract to a term time only rate which you charge differently for

Tippy Toes
29-05-2012, 10:58 AM
You justify it by explaining you worked the fees out based on a full time rate, they're now changing the contract to a term time only rate which you charge differently for

Thanks for the help x