PDA

View Full Version : MP replies

loocyloo
28-05-2012, 12:53 PM
hello!

i wondered if it might be an idea to keep a list of what MPs have had letters/emails and if they have replied and what they said?

i wrote to my MP - Anne McIntosh who has replied today saying it is an important matter and she has written to Micheal Gove, asking him to address the points i raised. she will let me know when he does!

i also wrote to Micheal Gove :D no reply yet. nor from Sir Micheal Wilshaw !

i shall email my MP and give her the link to the petition.

SYLVIA
28-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Well I wrote to mine, Joe Johnson for Oroington in Kent - no reply yet!

SYLVIA
28-05-2012, 03:13 PM
that should of read Orpington:blush:

Monkey26
28-05-2012, 03:25 PM
I wrote to mine - Hugo Swire - no reply yet but then I did only post it on Friday! Haha x

sarahjane
28-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Our local CM Group wrote collectively to our local MP Tim Yeo and he has requested that he visit us one Thurs morning when we usually all get together to discuss our points in person.
We are liasing with his PA to organise a date at the moment :)

mum2two
28-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I wrote to Maria Miller last Weds. No response as yet...

uf353432
28-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I wrote to Gove, Teather and Walters + Wilshaw.

Wilshaw only one to reply - but only to say he's referred it to someone else internally who will be replying to my letter - which hasn't happened yet.

Lady Haha
28-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I wrote to my local MP, Chris Skidmore, last week but no reply yet....

md0u0131
28-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Wrote to local cons mp Nigel Adams who is trying to arrange visiting me, no reply yet from Truss, Cameron (thought go to the top :)) Gove or Wilshaw

uf353432
28-05-2012, 04:35 PM
we really need to hit labour mp's, if it gets into parliment - we need labour to appose the plans.

Lady Haha
28-05-2012, 08:40 PM
I've never written to my mp before, this was a first for me. He just happens to be a conservative mp though......Is it possible to write to a labour mp if he/she's not in my area?

mum2two
30-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Had a reply from Maria Miller today.

It says....:

That the Ed secretary Michael Gove has commissioned further work to find out the feasibility of systems such as that in the Netherlands.

She then says...

I understand that whatever changes are made, central to them would be how the Government can deliver safe and high quality care that gives children the best start in life, and could help working parents have the flexibility they need. In view of your detailed and thoughtful letter relating to your own experiences and opinions as a childminder, I have forwarded a copy of your letter Michael Gove'

From reading bits googling her, she is on our side!! :thumbsup:

xx

SYLVIA
09-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Got a reply today from Orpington MP, Jo Johnson saying :-

I was very interested to read your comments and appreciate your expertise on the matter.

I have written on your behalf to Sarah Teather MP, asking for her to respond to the questions you have raised, and for her assurances that she will met with childminders before implementing any reforms

Better than nothing I suppose

ajs
09-06-2012, 09:55 AM
we really need to hit labour mp's, if it gets into parliment - we need labour to appose the plans.

I have messaged mine on fb and sent him the link he's a labour mp John Man. And very visual in our town.
I have also messaged the mayor and leader of the council both of whom are friends and I know the mayor has signed

Katiekoo
09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I contacted my mp, David Cameron, no response yet.

ajs
09-06-2012, 11:00 AM
I have messaged mine on fb and sent him the link he's a labour mp John Man. And very visual in our town.
I have also messaged the mayor and leader of the council both of whom are friends and I know the mayor has signed

I just got a message from te leader of our council to say he's signed. :clapping: