PDA

View Full Version : Booklets

sprinkles
28-05-2012, 12:31 PM
What do you have in your info booklet for parents?

wellybelly
28-05-2012, 12:57 PM
A bit about me and my background.
The facts: fees, opening times, my hols.
Routine
Sample menu
Things to bring eg nappies, wipes, change of clothes
The EYFS
Learning Journeys
Regular outings eg children centre groups
If your child is sick
A bit about safeguarding
Behaviour
Complaints
multi agency working
Other settings
Working with parents and carers
Suncream

Then when they want to sign contracts i give them copies of policies, my terms and conditions, parent responsibilty form, consents, reg form, other settings ifo and all about me form.

jadavi
28-05-2012, 01:10 PM
What's the oarent's responsibility form wellybelly!

Demonjill
31-05-2012, 09:12 PM
I just have a welcome booklet with
a page all about me
and:

my normal hours
my fees( inc bank hols, additional hours,holidays, unsocial rate etc
what fees include (or not as the case may be lol)
which payment methods i accept
what parents must supply and what is provided

I mention briefly about:

min 5 hours daily for pre schoolers
hours rounded up to nearest half hour
fees in advance
right to charge laate paymentfee/late pick up fee
holidays
when im closed
illness
deposits
retainers
contracts
settling in sessions

I also attach my business card to the ront so they have all my contact details

sprinkles
31-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Fab Jill, thank you :) I've just about finished my p&ps, just got fees and admissions to do then will start on some info stuff for parents. Think I'm quite prepared since it's only been 9 days since I submitted my application :laughing:

Oh and I've managed to blag myself some free toys and a free travel cot :D

Demonjill
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Fab Jill, thank you :) I've just about finished my p&ps, just got fees and admissions to do then will start on some info stuff for parents. Think I'm quite prepared since it's only been 9 days since I submitted my application :laughing:

Oh and I've managed to blag myself some free toys and a free travel cot :D

Thats fab and well done with the freebies - I love freebies!:thumbsup:

Hopefully you will hear back soon and all will go quick. When do you move?

sprinkles
01-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Thats fab and well done with the freebies - I love freebies!:thumbsup:

Hopefully you will hear back soon and all will go quick. When do you move?

We're not sure yet. The plan is for the farm to be handed over at the end of September but then we need to buy somewhere. Hopefully by Christmas though.

sprinkles
09-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Do you put a copy of your fees policy in parent info booklets since it contains normal hours, holidays, bank hols, overtime, payment methods, what's included and what parents need to supply me with?

It includes almost everything I'm planning to put in the booklets apart from a bit about me and my setting etc.

Also did you make yours into an info leaflet? Think it could be handier than swamping them with loads of paper.

miffy
09-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Do you put a copy of your fees policy in parent info booklets since it contains normal hours, holidays, bank hols, overtime, payment methods, what's included and what parents need to supply me with?

It includes almost everything I'm planning to put in the booklets apart from a bit about me and my setting etc.

Also did you make yours into an info leaflet? Think it could be handier than swamping them with loads of paper.

I always give parents a copy of my fees sheet so they know. Exactly what they will have to pay and what's included in the price

Miffy xx

sprinkles
09-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I always give parents a copy of my fees sheet so they know. Exactly what they will have to pay and what's included in the price

Miffy xx

That's what I want to do but I will just need to give them my policy cos it's got everything they need to know on it. Just wondered if people make this into a leaflet or booklet etc (if so, which and how to you do it?) along with the bit about you and your setting? Seems a bit silly just handing over a few sheets of paper.

miffy
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
I always just give the fees sheet at the first meeting then when they sign up I give them an A4 clip file with the setting info and all my policies and procedures in, copies of the contract, permissions forms etc

Has always worked well for me and means parents have everything in one place

Miffy xx

sprinkles
09-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I always just give the fees sheet at the first meeting then when they sign up I give them an A4 clip file with the setting info and all my policies and procedures in, copies of the contract, permissions forms etc

Has always worked well for me and means parents have everything in one place

Miffy xx

So you don't give them anything about you until after the initial meeting?

miffy
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
So you don't give them anything about you until after the initial meeting?

Nope, only the fees sheet if they want to think about things or are seeing other cm's. I do have a parents brochure that they look at when they are here but not to take away with them.

I think it's a good idea to have something like an info sheet about you but most of my work comes from word of mouth and I've never needed to do it.

Miffy xx

sprinkles
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Nope, only the fees sheet if they want to think about things or are seeing other cm's. I do have a parents brochure that they look at when they are here but not to take away with them.

I think it's a good idea to have something like an info sheet about you but most of my work comes from word of mouth and I've never needed to do it.

Miffy xx

Seems a good idea. Suppose I could get some leaflets which include a bit about me along with fees in case I need them. If they want to know anything they'll ask and they will see the setting when they visit.