PDA

View Full Version : Morton Michel

*Katrina*
28-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Applying online for my public liability insurance and it asks the maximum number of children i mind each day aged 8-15 years... there is nothing on my certificate for that range, my conditions are:

The registered person:

may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
may provide overnight care for 1 child under 8 years (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register, voluntary part of the Childcare Register)
when caring for 4- or 5-year-old children who are present only before and/or after a normal school day and in school holidays, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children who are present only before and/or after a normal school day and in school holidays, providing the maximum number is not exceeded (Early Years Register)

What should I put?

Bridey
28-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Edit: didn't read it properly the first time!

Over 8's aren't mentioned on our certificates as the numbers aren't limited the same way as the under 8's. If you don't look after any then put zero. If you do care for over 8's then you need to make sure the total number of children in your house do not exceed the maximum allowed for on your insurance. You also need to be able to show that having the older ones does not detract from the care of the little ones.

~Grasshopper~
28-05-2012, 10:09 AM
im with mm, they only insure you for 11 children (i think from memory) i just put 1 as i only mind 1 over 8.

x

lisa1968
28-05-2012, 08:04 PM
just checked my paperwork-renewed mine in feb-and it insures you for up to 12 minded children,of any age(obviously within your registered numbers) at any one time....so you could have your 6 under 8's and 6 over 8 at any one time.