PDA

View Full Version : Library will advertise pre-schools, but not childminders

Trpta108
28-05-2012, 09:44 AM
I went to the local library this morning and noticed they had a 'Family Information' folder. There were several advertisements for local pre-schools, so I thought I would ask if it would be OK for me to put a card in there, but was told no as I couldn't be checked with social services like pre-schools:confused: Is this right?

BuggsieMoo
28-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Don't know if what they are stating is correct - however I would have been tempted to say that in order to become a registered childminder I have had to be vetted and part of the vetting process is a SS check!

lulubelle
28-05-2012, 09:52 AM
mine wont advertise me either!

Trpta108
28-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I tried to explain that I am registered with Ofsted and they can check me with them, just like pre-schools, but they said it had to be Social Services. I am not sure if that is dated information or if they are right?

rickysmiths
28-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Since when are Pre-Schools checked by social Services? They are registered with Ofsted like us. They might mean LA because they are Able to receive the 3-4 funding?

On that basis they should allow an Accredited CM to put leaflets in the folder.

Heaven Scent
28-05-2012, 10:54 AM
My Library is the same - I tried to advertise there twice and they wouldn't let me - yet the local theatre groups and dance schools can advertise.

CH1957
28-05-2012, 12:14 PM
My local libraries are the same, wont let childminders advertise as they say they dont want to be seen to be favouring one over another and they are only allowed to put LA run organisations on their noticeboard !!

Playmate
28-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I have had the same battle in the past :angry:

loocyloo
28-05-2012, 12:45 PM
where i used to live, the libraries used to advertise childminding groups and the FIS

where i am now, they don't advertise any ( well, either of the two of us in town! ) BUT, i am in the library most weeks and have been pointed out by staff members as 'someone who might be able to help' :D