PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it's stupid?

sprinkles
27-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I submitted my application form to scswis last week and since then have got a couple of bargains (free spouted cups and some cutlery, also a push along walker, some music type toy, another toy and a ride on one all for £5 total!). Do you think I'm silly buying things so early on? I hoped if I started now it would spread the cost and I'd have plenty time to hopefully bag some bargains.

Mouse
27-05-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't think it's silly at all if you're getting bargains :thumbsup:

I wouldn't start making any big purchases, but it can't do any harm to start building up supplies.

buzzy bee
28-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Not at all... What would be silly would be to do what I did which was the opposite - not being prepared enough - I ended up last-minute double buggy shopping with mindees in tow!!

Demonjill
28-05-2012, 07:31 AM
I did the same and even now im regularly getting bits and pieces for minding.

I waited to see what actual kids i was signing up before i made any specific or big purchases though
I still dont have a double buggy - as i dont need it - and might never so not going to buy one:D

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2012, 07:52 AM
what did you sign up too? Is there a link?

sprinkles
28-05-2012, 07:55 AM
what did you sign up too? Is there a link?

How do you mean?

I'm not going to buy any big things or buggies etc til I know the age and how many mindees I will have. It's just bits and bobs which I will more than likely need but if not can give to charity or something as they were cheap.