PDA

View Full Version : Degree essay & proposed changes...

mum2two
27-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Just trying to complete my last assignment for the second year of my degree.

I feel really disheartened doing it though, with all the talks about possible changes etc, that may happen.

I'm sat here saying how vital it is that all practitioners are seen on a level playing field, and how important it is that we share information, how much childminders know about a child in order to safeguard them, and help them develop, etc, etc etc...

Yet, if all these changes happen, then everthing I'm writing is pointless! It is making me struggle in writing it, as wonder how relevent any of it will be. :(

Sorry - a pointless post really, but just saying how rubbish all this talk & uncertainty makes me feel, not just in my job, but with my acedemic writing too!!! :(

xx

uf353432
27-05-2012, 07:23 PM
I've been sat here all day reading about social policy and trying to think about my next TMA on social policy and its impact on children and families. I also think pah! will I even get to finish my degree - is it even worth it because I'll still be seen as a babysitter.

Thing is we have to show them how blinkin amazing we are, how clever we are, how educated we are, how useful we are - so you HAVE to do a good job and show them that you are better than them.

mum26
27-05-2012, 07:27 PM
You have posted exactly how I feel - and I am sure a lot of other childminders feel the same way too. Hopefully the proposals will be rejected and any changes will continue to support childminders in their professional role and on an equal footing to other childcare providers, not as a second-class childcare solution.

sarah707
27-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Who are you doing a degree for... the children and families / the government / YOURSELF?

Delete as appropriate and get your head down :clapping:

If that doesn't help... think of the job opportunities that will be opened up for you, the holder of a degree, in the future if it all goes pear shaped... :D

watgem
27-05-2012, 07:40 PM
nicely said Sarah I've been feeling the same wondering if the last 3 years slogging away at my degree and getting into debt for it has been worth it, but when you explain it like that yes it is, keep going with your studies guys don't let the bxxxxxxs get you down:)

Playmate
27-05-2012, 09:10 PM
It is hard, I'm also doing my last assignment due to be handed in 26th June. The last couple of weeks I have found hard to get my head round anything, but I know once I have done it I will be able to devote more time to helping with the anti-deregualtion campain and getting my head around the new EYFS. Just think possitive thoughts and get your head down :D

Penny1959
27-05-2012, 09:18 PM
It is very hard to keep motivated when it all seems a bit pointless.

But as Sarah says - why are you doing it? I am sure it was not just to have a piece of paper - and was more likely to be on the lines of extending your knowledge and understanding.

As someone who has had to drop out of doing a degree - at level 6 just a couple of modules and a dissertation short of a BA Hons in Early Childhood Studies due to ill health - I can tell you it is painful to drop out and not complete and does feel like a complete waste of time, money and effort.

Keep going if you can - you will feel very proud of yourselves when you graduate.

Penny :)

uf353432
27-05-2012, 09:25 PM
It is hard, I'm also doing my last assignment due to be handed in 26th June. The last couple of weeks I have found hard to get my head round anything, but I know once I have done it I will be able to devote more time to helping with the anti-deregualtion campain and getting my head around the new EYFS. Just think possitive thoughts and get your head down :D

Debbie makes notes in diary for increased support from Ms Playmate :clapping:

Playmate
27-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Debbie makes notes in diary for increased support from Ms Playmate :clapping:

Well thats after I have had my holiday :D

The Juggler
27-05-2012, 10:00 PM
it is even more important in your essay that you reiterate WHY we are on a level playing field hon. explain why we are and the consequences of us not being.

you will storm it.x