PDA

View Full Version : what shall i do??

kindredspirits
05-06-2008, 11:25 AM
hi everyone,
i am totally stuck here - so all opinions please!! My husband and I have been planning on moving back to devon since the beginning of the year, we only moved here (peterborough) because we wanted my hubbys kids to bond with our baby... i've just been told that i can be sure of work here as they need ppl to collect from the local school.... BUT we've been offered a house in Northam, devon - i don't know of the work situation down there but only really need 2 full time kids to survive financially - that can't be too hard right???

do i stay here for a while, we have't got money to play with so its sort of do or die... or do i follow my heart and move while we've got the chance????

help!!

thanks anna x

katickles
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Anna if you've always wanted to move there & now have the chance i'd go for it or you could spend the next god knows how many years trying to & thinking "what if????"

But thats my opinion & you have to do what suits you.

Could you possibly try & find out about the demand for minders down there?

Wendy Woo
05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
hi anna im in peterborough to and if i were u i would move!!!!!!! I will be movin as soon as i can but like said above if u dont go while u have the chance u will prob regret it.
I would go and if u cant get childminding goin straight away u could always get a fill in job.
At least u would be where u r happy
Where r u in peterborough then?

Blaze
05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I would put a thread with Devon in the title to see if any members from devon can advise re demand...but think I would go for it regrdless!:clapping:

foxy lady
05-06-2008, 11:44 AM
i would 2 full time children too look after
i have 7 children on my books
but all part time or a few days
it may be different in my area but not many of the childminders full time

miss muffit
05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I moved to northampton from south devon and i would love to go back... follow your dream, childminders are needed everywhere,

good luck :) :D

madison
05-06-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm new to this forum, so hi everyone!!
I live a couple of miles away from northam and i must say there isn't alot of work around at the moment and alot of people are struggling to fill places as there are quite afew nurserys and loads of childminders but it's a lovely place to live with the beach on your doorstep, if you decide to move, just advertise loads and come to c/m groups as i've got a fair bit of work through these as some parents do come to them to find a childminder!!!
I'd say go for it, I love it here!!!!

chubbymummy
05-06-2008, 12:03 PM
follow your instincts and never regret what you did or didn't do.

life is a journey

mum22
05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Go - if you dont you will always wonder "what if" and on bad days "I wish" - if you dont go can I go ?:laughing:

x helen

SimplyLucy
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm in Devon and I'm turning away loads of work at the moment, because I'm full.

However I'm in East Devon and Devon as rather large and the situation will change from town to town.

chez1373
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
if i could move to the sea side i would do....

good luck xx

Lou
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
ooohhh northam, lovely.
i used to live in barnstaple.

I would go for it, but i dont know what business is like there. however its the same wherever you go its never guarenteed!!!

mrsb
06-06-2008, 07:24 PM
I would definately move too, you have to follow your dreams :) loads of luck ;)

breezy
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I'd love to live near the sea again, go for it :)

kindredspirits
06-06-2008, 10:44 PM
yikes!! we said we'd take the place! :clapping:
i'm really excited, but also worried about the money side of things... still life's for living eh?! my husband is also trying to drum up a few hours work (hes a driving instructor) so that would take the pressure off.
the house is amazing, needs major redecoration but you can see the sea from it! so now all i need to do is get some clients in and i'll be over the moon

thanks for all your replies, it really helped tip the balance!

anna x

angeldelight
06-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Sounds lovely and how lucky to live by the sea

Good luck with the house move

Angel xx

JazzyL
06-06-2008, 11:43 PM
good luck with your adventure, sound like an ideal place to live :)

littletreasures
07-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Can't think of a nicer place to be. I love Devon and Cornwall. We holiday in Cornwall every year and mil lives in Devon. Acutually Devon would be a better place if she wasn't in it!!!

Hope your new adventure goes well. Keep us posted.

littletreasures

crazybones
07-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Sounds fabulous. I would love to see the sea from my house, although the River Mersey and the beach is in walking distance its not the same.

ajs
07-06-2008, 06:33 AM
right a decorating party is called for
when you moving i could do with a week by the sea :laughing: :laughing:

well done for taking the plunge ( sea joke geddit:panic: sorry)

miffy
07-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Congratulations you must be really excited

Hope it all works out for you

miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
07-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow lucky you - I'd love to be able to see the sea from my house, but you can't get much further from the sea than the Midlands!!!! :laughing: Good luck with the move, I hope you get lots of enquiries!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Gherkin
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh you have so made the right decision. I live in Peterborugh and it is ok but we moved here to be closer to hubbys parents who were my child carers _ needless to say they are not now as mil got ill and it became too much for them looking aftern my children but they still seem to be able to look after sil kids at every given opportunity even though mil has a broken foot at moment:mad:

Now I feel trapped :crying: when I really want to be living near Brighton as I wouldn't be far from my mum and dad then.

kindredspirits
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
hiya,
i know we only moved here so my husbands kids could bond with our baby who is now 16 months, and i was sure i'd be trapped here - which is why i'm so keen to take this place even though its not 100% perfect and i'm not sure of the work situation.
sooo excited though, gonna work really hard at building up some work next week.

anna x

breezy
08-06-2008, 08:53 PM
good luck with everything, let us know how it all progresses :thumbsup: