PDA

View Full Version : buggy help

chez
26-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Looking for some advice.

I work in a setting where there is 2 childminders caring for up to 6 children, we will very soon have a 13 month old and a 12 month old among a few older kiddies.

We use the buses daily and so any buggy has to work on the bus.

We currently use an Imax style single buggy or a Quinny. We need to get prepared for the 12 month old. We someone intrested in buying the Imax.

Heres our options:

1) We get another single buggy, to go with the Quinny, and both push a buggy, could work as we are able to spilt down but we have to have both adults.

2) We get a Phil and Teds Explorer buggy. We would have to stay together (or use the single seat & Quninny at times)

Often the buses are busy and so we are sharing the pushchair area with another buggy.

Any advice please??

blue bear
26-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I love my phil and teds but it's not great for two sleeping babies. Can you leave your buggy up on the bus then we have to fold ours. Phil and teds really versatile going from double to single and easy to push. I think I read on here sport is better than explorer. Just watch your tyres, mine exploded from the heat yesterday. :eek:

chez
30-05-2012, 12:56 PM
anyone else got experiance of a p & t on a bus?

jane5
30-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I have taken my phil and teds sport on the bus with 2 lo's.

It is slightly longer in double mode than in single mode but there usually isnt a problem.

I have only had a problem with it once when there were 2 other buggies on the bus so the space was really tight and I had to take the child out of the back seat and take the seat off to turn the buggy around, because I had got wedged in by another buggy.

I have had a few double buggies and I think the p&t is the best by far with regards to buses and shops ect...

chez
31-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks :) I've ordered and it arrives Fri so fingers crossed I have the same sucess