PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with NCMA

Penny1959
26-05-2012, 11:59 AM
NCMA have updated their website with details of progress of their campaign - and have included efforts of some of their members to highlight the issue of deregulation and agency models.

It is fantastic news that NCMA are still gaining support for their campaign - but why have they not mentioned the efforts of Debbie who is a NCMA member?

As I say I am disappointed - Debbie and I are promoting the NCMA campaign - and as a non member I think this is good idea - there should not be any divide on this issue - wee must all work together.

Penny

Oh and if it is my involvement in the petition that is stopping NCMA from promoting the petition - I will withdraw my name from all documents - this issue is too important for one persons name to cause divide.

Pipsqueak
26-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Are you REALLY that surprised about NCMA and their lack of interaction and response to CRUCIAL matters and their members?

Really ???

I'm not

Frankly it should not have been left to indiviudals to rally a response... NCMA should have been WAY ahead of the game - rattling the cages loud and clear .. except as usual - they haven't for whatever limp and flimsy reasons they choose to believe.

They should have been shaking doors down on the days these stupid comments from the Truss woman and others were being bandied about...

no softly softly lets appease the government approach.....

No I'm not surprised at all and actually they haven't disappointed me at all.... they have done exactly what I have expected of them... sweet nothing

uf353432
26-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Sometimes in larger organisations the have to be meetings to discuss things to make strategies and then implement. Add to that that people might be on holiday, in meetings etc. things move a bit slower in response.

Don't be disappointed - they still have time to support the campaign - and actually we might be grateful for them raising awareness of it if the campaign slows down - they might breath new life into it.

Kimmy050983
26-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I am quiet happy that I have changed to Morton Michel now from NCMA.. hearing this..

sarah707
26-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I am quiet happy that I have changed to Morton Michel now from NCMA.. hearing this..

For information, Morton Michel have recently made the following statement (taken from a Facebook post) -

Dear Ms xx,

Many thanks for your email.

We are also concerned about this issue and have drafted an email to Liz
Truss on the subject. At the moment, the topic seems shrouded in some
confusion, but we are looking at ways to communicate with our
childminders about it once we are clearer on exactly what is being
proposed.

Kind regards,

Samantha Beere
Director
Morton Michel Limited
Alhambra House, 9 St Michaels Road, Croydon CR9 3DD

I intend to write to them over the weekend as well to add another concerned childminder member voice.

Penny have you emailed them yet? :D

Pipsqueak
26-05-2012, 04:46 PM
oops sorry :blush::blush: posted without thinking. Apologies:blush:

I appreciate UF - that bigger organisations take a bit longer but NCMA aren't really reknown for jumping up and hitting hard are they:( in fact the impression they seem to give is that they want to see how the land lays first and which appears to be the 'winning team'.

NCMA are the 'representative body' SHOULD have been the ones organising the petition and getting information out to EVERYone.... but they haven't... speaks volumes doesn't it really.
NCMA SHOULD be the ones rallying support - but they aren't....

Such a shame and I bet they still wonder why confidence in them is waning.

Penny1959
26-05-2012, 07:34 PM
You are right Debbie - things do take a long time in big organisations sometimes - and NCMA may yet add their support to the petition.

My post was not intended as an anti NCMA post at all - it was expressing my disapointment that some NCMA members have been mentioned in the update on the individual inspections matter campaign - and some have not.

I hope that NCMA do support the campign because we do all need to work together on this.

Penny :)

Smiley
26-05-2012, 07:35 PM
It is a shame but I'm afraid in my opinion NCMA haven't always been taking their members views seriously for quite some time. I have emailed the chief executives several times over a number of years on different issues and I've become more and more disillusioned.

I really hope they support this petition but I to wonder why they didn't start one and decided to do a survey instead. Hopefully after receiving emails from childminders on the issue they may decide to promote it, particularly as the new flyer many of us are printing out, actually links to their Individual Inspection Matters campaign.

Heaven Scent
26-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Would someone be kind enough to post the link to the flyer and I will gladly print it out and pass it round in my local area!!

Smiley
26-05-2012, 07:46 PM
You can find it in the free resources section

Smiley
26-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Sorry forgot to add then click on free downloads and you will see it at the top in red text

watgem
27-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm happy for anyone emailing MM to add my name or I will email them:)