PDA

View Full Version : Petition... Email to parents... Email to other childminders

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Morning all!

Just composing my email to all parents regarding the government proposals... any wise words??

I've been putting it on my personal and work facebook page but hardly any have signed so thought an email might be more direct... i really want to get across the point (without scaring them into looking for alternative care!)...

I am also going to be sending a big email out to other childminders (using FIS to get details!) as our local support team don't seem to be overly concerned :panic:

Thank you! xx

watgem
26-05-2012, 08:49 AM
same here I've shared it on my fb page only 2 parents and a preschool and one cm friend have signed it, please would you be able to share your letter, I'm not very good at composing things like that. I even copy and pasted the email to my DO to spread the word but have heard nothing from her at all about it

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 08:52 AM
same here I've shared it on my fb page only 2 parents and a preschool and one cm friend have signed it, please would you be able to share your letter, I'm not very good at composing things like that. I even copy and pasted the email to my DO to spread the word but have heard nothing from her at all about it

Hi watgem... yes of course i will share... once some people have come along with some superbly wise words for me to add haha :jump for joy: x

desiderata
26-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I feel quite lucky at the mo I fb and twittered mine and spoke to teachers and people at school and I have had about 60 people sign so far.! I have just emailed the Express and Star too , and I have put it on Take a Break fb page. dont know whether they will remove it tho. x

watgem
26-05-2012, 09:12 AM
thank you Jojo:)xxxxx

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 10:37 AM
How does this sound??? xx

Hi all

Could I please make an appeal for you to sign this petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-government-reject-proposals-to-deregulate-childminders

I am sure you will be aware that here has been a lot of talk about the future of childminding in the government and media recently surrounding the potential deregulation of childminders.

Deregulation is not the way to go as a cost cutting exercise... When the Early Years Foundation Stage/Ofsted were brought in, a considerable number of 'undesireable' minders left the profession because of the paperwork and inspections involved. Childminders that embraced the new system have worked extremely hard and long hours, and in many cases at their own cost (not just financially, but losing valuable time with their own families) to train, adapt and improve their settings and most importantly be recognized as childcare professionals in their own right. If the government goes ahead with these proposals we will once again become simply... babysitters!

How will this affect you as parents I can hear you asking...

* For those of you paying with tax credits or employer vouchers you will no longer be able to use them for childminders, forcing you to give up work or use a nursery - I have nothing against nurseries (a good friend of mine owns a very good nursery right here in Exmouth) however, nurseries can rarely offer you the same low adult to child ratios us childminders can, nurseries also cannot offer those of you who work shifts, weekends or evenings the flexibility you require.

* Under the current Ofsted system, childcare providers are inspected every 3 or 4 years, this helps to maintain standards not just for childminders that value the work they do, but also for children and parents alike. If we are deregulated, you will no longer know who is graded as outstanding, good or satisfactory, you wouldn't know even who has been graded as inadequate. You will also loose the ability to see who has had a complaint made against their provision, what it was about and how the childminder has worked tirelessly to overcome this complaint and thus improve the childcare service they are offering. Excellent childminders who really care about your children and love, cherish and educate will leave in droves.

* Ofsted currently CRB checks not only us as the childminder, but anyone in our household over the age of 16 (family or regular visitors), we also have to complete Paediatric First Aid before they will issue our certificate. Under the EYFS it is also a requirement that we undertake Safeguarding Training, hold policies and procedures, risk assessments and a daily register. All of this ensures that we service we provide to you and your family is of the highest, and safest, standard; if we are deregulated as childminders then none of this will be available - anyone could claim to be "childminder" - do we really want more Baby P cases???

I am a professional childminder, I believe that deregulation fails to build upon the significant improvements that have been made in recent years in terms of quality and safeguarding, and I genuinely love my job. Therefore, I ask you to sign the petition on behalf of the thousands of childminders up and down the country, the thousands of children accessing loving and caring childminding settings and the thousands of parents who rely on the professional, flexible service we can offer to them.

If you decide to go ahead and sign the petition { http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-government-reject-proposals-to-deregulate-childminders } then please forward this email to friends, clients, colleagues so that we can really spread the word.

Many many thanks in advance,

watgem
26-05-2012, 10:40 AM
love it Jojo I think you have summed up the key points very nicely:)

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 10:44 AM
love it Jojo I think you have summed up the key points very nicely:)

Ok, will hit send then :) If you let me have your email address i will happily forward it to you to save cutting and pasting etc x

onceinabluemoon
26-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Most excellent!

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Most excellent!

:thumbsup: x

watgem
26-05-2012, 11:10 AM
oh jojo I've alrready copy and pasted lol i was so keen:)thank you fingers crossed now:):)

Helen Dempster
26-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi Jo - that's a very good letter. I'm going to cut and paste it and hand it out to parents/other childminders etc to spread the word! Well done :clapping:

sonia ann
26-05-2012, 11:22 AM
just a little point.........it is "lose" not "loose".........................but other than that well done x

I might also have left out the word "undesirable" with ref to childminders who have left.............I think that is superfluous and a little judgemental :o

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 11:26 AM
just a little point.........it is "lose" not "loose".........................but other than that well done x

I might also have left out the word "undesirable" with ref to childminders who have left.............I think that is superfluous and a little judgemental :o

Oh POO i've already hit send!!! Where is the loose/lose bit!? And do you have another word for "undesirable" that i can change too?? So when i send it out again it will be perfect :laughing: xx

sonia ann
26-05-2012, 11:52 AM
How does this sound??? xx

Hi all

Could I please make an appeal for you to sign this petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-government-reject-proposals-to-deregulate-childminders

I am sure you will be aware that here has been a lot of talk about the future of childminding in the government and media recently surrounding the potential deregulation of childminders.

Deregulation is not the way to go as a cost cutting exercise... When the Early Years Foundation Stage/Ofsted were brought in, a considerable number of 'undesireable' minders left the profession because of the paperwork and inspections involved. Childminders that embraced the new system have worked extremely hard and long hours, and in many cases at their own cost (not just financially, but losing valuable time with their own families) to train, adapt and improve their settings and most importantly be recognized as childcare professionals in their own right. If the government goes ahead with these proposals we will once again become simply... babysitters!

How will this affect you as parents I can hear you asking...

* For those of you paying with tax credits or employer vouchers you will no longer be able to use them for childminders, forcing you to give up work or use a nursery - I have nothing against nurseries (a good friend of mine owns a very good nursery right here in Exmouth) however, nurseries can rarely offer you the same low adult to child ratios us childminders can, nurseries also cannot offer those of you who work shifts, weekends or evenings the flexibility you require.

* Under the current Ofsted system, childcare providers are inspected every 3 or 4 years, this helps to maintain standards not just for childminders that value the work they do, but also for children and parents alike. If we are deregulated, you will no longer know who is graded as outstanding, good or satisfactory, you wouldn't know even who has been graded as inadequate. You will also loose the ability to see who has had a complaint made against their provision, what it was about and how the childminder has worked tirelessly to overcome this complaint and thus improve the childcare service they are offering. Excellent childminders who really care about your children and love, cherish and educate will leave in droves.

* Ofsted currently CRB checks not only us as the childminder, but anyone in our household over the age of 16 (family or regular visitors), we also have to complete Paediatric First Aid before they will issue our certificate. Under the EYFS it is also a requirement that we undertake Safeguarding Training, hold policies and procedures, risk assessments and a daily register. All of this ensures that we service we provide to you and your family is of the highest, and safest, standard; if we are deregulated as childminders then none of this will be available - anyone could claim to be "childminder" - do we really want more Baby P cases???

I am a professional childminder, I believe that deregulation fails to build upon the significant improvements that have been made in recent years in terms of quality and safeguarding, and I genuinely love my job. Therefore, I ask you to sign the petition on behalf of the thousands of childminders up and down the country, the thousands of children accessing loving and caring childminding settings and the thousands of parents who rely on the professional, flexible service we can offer to them.

If you decide to go ahead and sign the petition { http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-government-reject-proposals-to-deregulate-childminders } then please forward this email to friends, clients, colleagues so that we can really spread the word.

Many many thanks in advance,

and I would just leave out undesirable xx

Monkey26
26-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you Sonia Ann :thumbsup: xx

BucksCM
26-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Thank you JoJo.
I have cut and pasted and shared on fb and emailed my address book.

moogster1a
27-05-2012, 06:29 AM
I very strongly recommend you leave out the reference to baby P. it's completely irrelevant. he was killed by his mother, the boyfriend and the lodger. the case had nothing to do with any form of childcare.
Using the death of a child to try to force an emotive point I think is wrong.

Monkey26
28-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I very strongly recommend you leave out the reference to baby P. it's completely irrelevant. he was killed by his mother, the boyfriend and the lodger. the case had nothing to do with any form of childcare.
Using the death of a child to try to force an emotive point I think is wrong.

Point noted and this has now been removed so any further emails/letters sent from me will not have it in

Chimps Childminding
28-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Great letter - well done!!!!