PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

Diana67
26-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi I have been registered since Dec11 and finding it realay hard to fill vacancy. I am member of childc are.co.uk,done leaflet drop, cards in shop windows everything any only had couple enquires except a 11yr old girl I have after school twice week.The advice I need is my daughter in law has just got a full time job and my son works part time they don't live with me and live 10 miles away but have asked me if I could look after my 2 granddaughters 2 days a week and they would claim child are to pay me and cover petrol as the youngest finds it hard to settle with strangers.I have said I will check into it as obviously I need to earn money that's one reason I decided to do childminding.I just don't want to get in trouble but don't want to let daughter in law down we do have different surnames but also I am waiting on 1st graded inspection as been deferred for 2mths due to no eyfs children ANY ADVICE I BE GRATEFUL is anyone in this situation.

Thanks Diana xx

blue bear
26-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Can't see any reason why you can't mind your grandchildren, my friend does it and gets paid by vouchers.
You need to be available and prepared to take on children not related to you to be able to remain registered.

Not sure how it stands with tax credits or your inspection though,

Diana67
26-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks fifi for advice x

littlecheeks
26-05-2012, 03:25 PM
i think its fine as long as they dont live with you x

Diana67
26-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks little cheeks for advice just don't want get in trouble x

CH1957
26-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I look after my grandson and my daughter will be using vouchers when they come through. Obviously grandchildren still have to be counted in your numbers.
I also look after other non-related children so no problems when it came to my inspection etc.