PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been approached by the media?

AliceK
26-05-2012, 07:21 AM
I had a msg from Nine Lives Media re a Dispatches programme about childcare. Has anyone else had a msg?

xx

uf353432
26-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Great stuff - please do it and have your feelings heard on the matter :)

desiderata
26-05-2012, 07:31 AM
No but after reading your comment just I have just fired off an email to our local Express and Star and asked them if they will print a link to the petition.!
I commented that the Government and Ofsted get media attention and why shouldnt we! will wait to see what happens.

rickysmiths
26-05-2012, 12:50 PM
I have also been contacted by them and had a long phone call. They are just researching for something long into the future.

They are looking into why nurseries that have continuing poor inspections and many complaints are not being closed down.

Also, at Nurseries that are closed down because of bad inspections and many complaints and then just re open a few weeks later under a new name with a new URN and none of the previous bad reports or complaints showing even though its the same people running the new place.

She contacted me because I had posted about this happening to a Nursery near us last year. Closed for six weeks and then re opened as a new Nuresery in a different hall in less than six weeks :eek:

AliceK
26-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I have also been contacted by them and had a long phone call. They are just researching for something long into the future.

They are looking into why nurseries that have continuing poor inspections and many complaints are not being closed down.

Also, at Nurseries that are closed down because of bad inspections and many complaints and then just re open a few weeks later under a new name with a new URN and none of the previous bad reports or complaints showing even though its the same people running the new place.

She contacted me because I had posted about this happening to a Nursery near us last year. Closed for six weeks and then re opened as a new Nuresery in a different hall in less than six weeks :eek:

Oh. I don't know why she would want to talk to me about nurserys? Will have to wait and see then :thumbsup:

xxx

sarah707
26-05-2012, 04:07 PM
If they try to talk to you about nurseries... be ready and get them on the subject you want to discuss as quickly as possible!! :clapping:

I always find it helpful to scribble a few notes before the call so I don't lose my thread as it can be a bit nerve racking otherwise.

Please let us have feedback! :D

rickysmiths
26-05-2012, 06:31 PM
If they try to talk to you about nurseries... be ready and get them on the subject you want to discuss as quickly as possible!! :clapping:

I always find it helpful to scribble a few notes before the call so I don't lose my thread as it can be a bit nerve racking otherwise.

Please let us have feedback! :D

Sarah I don't think that would work because the programme they are researching is about Nurseries and because I had posted on another forum about what had happened about our local one she got in touch with me.

AliceK
28-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I spoke to her this evening. We spoke lots about the proposed deregulation of childminders. She seemed to be as concerned about this as we are. I made it clear that the vast majority of childminders are completely opposed to it.
We also spoke about nurserys and yes they are concerned about how nurseries can be closed down and then re-open under a new name. She may well put a post on here asking if this has happened in anyones area that they know of.
Please if you do respond to her make sure you talk about the plans for deregulation and how important it is that this does not happen.

xxxx

Lady Haha
29-05-2012, 12:34 PM
did anyone else get the email about the girl who was humilated by Newsnight and has started a petition for an apology on change.org? She's a working mum who receives help with her rent through housing benefit and was asked if she would talk to the interviewer about her situation. She was happy to do so as she is proud of being a working mum. The interviewer went on to ask why she didn't live with her mum, why she didn't wait until she could afford to move, etc - it was edited to basically make her look the lowest of the low AND didn't even mention the fact she worked full time.

So, anyway.....be careful, any of you who decide to speak to the media, let this be a warning!!! The lesson here is only do LIVE interviews I think!

Poor girl!