PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

2ndhomec/care
26-05-2012, 07:08 AM
can anyone advise us- we are 2 childminders who work together and have just had our 1st Ofsted visit!!!We've been told that we need to have seperate keychildren, as a legal requirement. It is not good enough 2 share responsibility.We are a little confused as our inspector at our registration visit,and our development officers have both said it was ok to share keychildren.Any advice????

Chatterbox Childcare
26-05-2012, 07:46 AM
This is a new one on me. My DH and I have separate registrations but are a partnership and we both have our names on both contracts.

My advice would be to call the helpline or send an email, don't mention the inspector, and ask the question. Either way make sure you have it in writing.

zippy
26-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I have heard that when working with assistants etc the children all need their own key worker, I presume it's the same for two minders working together, doesn't need to change anything really day to day, just maybe when your writing assesment etc the key worker should sign. I think it more for the parent so they know who to approach. Seems a bit silly for childminders as we're so good we all know what going on lol, I suppose if you had a nursery though where there may be 5 workers in the same room it kinda makes sense.

sarah707
26-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Each child needs a named key person - that does not mean the other person who works with them has to take a back seat.

You can both provide care, education, play etc.

Just one of your names needs to go on their paperwork (I write it on attendance records) as their key person.

You need to make sure parents know who is the child's key person before the child starts in your care - ready for the revised EYFS which is law from Sept 2012.

Hth :D