PDA

View Full Version : termination of contract

sarahcoutts21
05-06-2008, 10:32 AM
well i had a parent who walked into my home and treated it like her home she used my weighing scales and her child was always crying so at the gym last night a fellow childminder told me she is looking for another childcare for her daughter because im giving her daughter solids and she is 11 months old so i phoned her yesterday and she was very nasty and dry so i told her there wil be a letter issued to terninate our contract 4 weeks notice! i cant put up with her anymore and i was very unhappy looking after this child so i feel a big weight off my shoulders! i feel terrible but my hubby will not come home if this child is here my marriage is my main priority over a child so i think i done right!!

crazybones
05-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Definitely sounds like you did the right thing.

Blaze
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Only 4 weeks to go!:clapping: ;)

wendywu
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
What a cow :angry: I dont blame you for beating her to it.

foxy lady
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
hi i think tou did the right thing
your hubby has to come first
prob better this way before it gets really nasty:thumbsup:

nell57
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Well done for sticking to your principles and doing whats right for you and your family:clapping:

Helen

katickles
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah i'm with the others - you've done the right thing.

This lady sounds like a right one!

:)

sarah707
05-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Well done for sticking to your principles ... over soon! :D

emler
05-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Well done - I hope its a quick 4 weeks for you

Emler x

Pipsqueak
05-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Well done! Hope the 4weeks go well

sarahcoutts21
05-06-2008, 02:27 PM
so after this i am revising my policies and doing extra paper work i.e a probation cpntratc for 2 weeks if it does not work out in two weeks then the proper contract wont go ahead i think i need to sit down some evening and go through all my stuff with a fine tooth comb and cover my back. No more Miss nice girl and i will nto be told by some jumped up woman who has no clue about kids how to run my busniess gggrrr!!

i did it before her so that annoyed her cos i did it first but in my defence i was planning to terminate last week!! i doubt as if she will put her child to me in the 4 weeks if not im billing her for the days she misses!!

mum22
05-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Sarah
Am i reading this right = she is moaning because you give her 11 month old solids ? OMG I think i remember this 1 - is it the one who only wants her to have milk ?!:panic:

Absolutely you have done the right thing.

x helen

deeb66
05-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Sounds like you have definately done the right thing.

Hopefully the 4 weeks won't drag

Wendy Woo
05-06-2008, 05:00 PM
all i can say is well done and only 4 weeks to go.
Good on ya x:clapping:

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I did the same good luck 4 weeks to g xx

sarahcoutts21
06-06-2008, 07:22 AM
you are right same parent who wants her kid only on milk i just cant deal with her anymore! she is patronising (spelling sorry) and rude and just a control freak who was trying to tell me how to run my business. i really didnt like the woman she made me feel small and unworthy i know that sound silly but when i got my new shoes from next she said i like your shoes where did you get them when i said next she turned round and said my childminding muct be good money if you can shop there!! same with my car bought a 54 plate zafira and she said my god she said my you must have money they are really expensive, i mean whats it got to do with her i dont have debts and i live a happy content life i can please myself!!

i reckon she wont put her child back to me and i ponder whether to charge her if that does happen what would you do?

miss muffit
06-06-2008, 08:50 AM
some parents think they have a right to comment on our houses and belongings, we work hard for what we have, i bet if you ever went to their home you wouldnt get over the thresh hold
i agree best get rid :thumbsup:

JazzyL
06-06-2008, 09:44 AM
As per your contract (that you are terminating) I would charge her if she doesn't bring the child (after all, it's a new pair of shoes from next for you);)

mrsb
06-06-2008, 07:38 PM
As per your contract (that you are terminating) I would charge her if she doesn't bring the child (after all, it's a new pair of shoes from next for you);)
I would do the same, too, if it is in your contract that even if she doesn't keep the child with you she still has to pay, then that is what she should do :)

Good luck!

ajs
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM
glad you've given notice the stupid woman only giving her child milk

and you absolutely have to charge her for the 4 weeks regardless of whether the child is with you or not. she agreed the notice period she pays it

breezy
06-06-2008, 08:38 PM
glad you've given notice the stupid woman only giving her child milk

and you absolutely have to charge her for the 4 weeks regardless of whether the child is with you or not. she agreed the notice period she pays it

well said:clapping:

ajs
06-06-2008, 08:41 PM

sarahcoutts21
08-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks ladies for the support i sure do need it!! She called tonight and i didnt answer it! she left a message and she sounded very nervous about phoneing me and so she should!! she is putting the child to me for the rest of the 4 weeks so i hoping it is a quick 4 weeks!!

nannan
08-06-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree with what has been said about terminating the contact, just wondering if you and the parent had discussed when she wanted the baby to start on solids, or was she happy at the time for you to start when you thought her child was ready. it can be a tricky thing when it comes to start weaning, I mentioned to my daughter that one of the twins is ready for weaning and one wasnt, I let her decide when she started to feed them and she found out by trying them both together and agreed that I was right and only one of the boys is feeding solids and the other is on milk still as he is not ready yet, and as I have said to her he wont be ready for at least another couple of weeks,

sarahcoutts21
09-06-2008, 06:38 AM
everythime i mention it to her she goes al funny and doesnt want to talk about it at one stage she said i had the problem and there nothing to worry about! this baby has full mouth of teeth and is crying all the time!! i just have given up trying with her! i have asked for a meeting and she refused

SimplyLucy
09-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm a little worried here about the mum and the baby.

I know I don't know the full story, but I'd be seriously concerned about a baby that hadn't started on solids at the age of 11 months.

Is the babys growth development on target? The baby can't be getting all her nutrients from milk along by this age. Even natural iron levels will be depleating by now and the baby should be relying on solid foods to replace thoughs.

A baby of 11 months couldn't physically drink enough milk to provide themselves with all they need.

Maybe the mum can't face the fact that her baby is growing up, wants to keep her as a baby?

Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with this mum but I think things may go alot deeper here............putting things together (what I know), with mum weighing herself at yours (little obsesive maybe?) I'd be seriously concerned and couldn't let things rest for the sake of the child.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn here........just the whole not weaning thing got me worried.

sue32
09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I have just read this thread and I am worried about the child of 11 months still not being on solids, you need to do something about this as even she ignores you doctors recomond that a child should be having solids by 6 months, This is neglate by the parent and I would seek advice from NCMA and OFSTED about this and get her reported unless there is a strong medical reason why the can not swallow food if this was the case you would be given special liquid food for this child.

sarahcoutts21
09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
i have been on the phone to health visitor and im planning contacting the GP tommorrow the baby weighs 15 pounds and the health visitor does not seem to be bothered by it whatsoever!! but i am on to it i plan to get this baby sorted out before she leaves me so i will know she is ok!!

nannan
09-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I visited my doctors the other day with my mindee and weaning was brought up the doctors opinion is that babies can be on milk for upto a least a year before solids are introduced, not knowing the circumstances, was this baby premature by any chance, or is they a religious issue as to why this mum is happy to hear the baby crying if she is hungry, personally if mum doesnt want the baby on solids and the health visitor is aware of the sitution then they doesnt seem a lot left that can be done, you only have four week left with this mum perhaps for a quiet life it might be best to leave well alone. Sorry if it seems that I am speaking out of tune as well, just knowing how some new mums are for the first time they go by what ever trend is available and at the moment the trend is to let the babies go longer before starting solids if they can.

disney
10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
sounds like she was far to much trouble . i think you know when you have done the right thing well done x

miffy
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
i have been on the phone to health visitor and im planning contacting the GP tommorrow the baby weighs 15 pounds and the health visitor does not seem to be bothered by it whatsoever!! but i am on to it i plan to get this baby sorted out before she leaves me so i will know she is ok!!

I've only just read this thread - sorry

What a nightmare - I think you will be well rid

It's great that you are trying to help sort out the baby before the contract ends
- how did you get on with the GP?

miffy xx

sarahcoutts21
12-06-2008, 12:58 PM
he is setting up a HV to go in twice a month and they are assisting mum in weaning her!! so thumbs up all round thank god