PDA

View Full Version : Recomend an easel - please

Hayley102
25-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi The wind has blown my easel over and it has cracked the wood around the hinge which doesn't look good! So can anyone recomend an easel they like. Thanks

Mouse
25-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I have several, both wooden and plastic, and would say my favourite on is the crayola one.

http://www.smythstoys.com/desks-easels-storage-56sc/crayola-magnetic-double-easel-101200itm.aspx

The reason I like it is that is has pots on both sides to put chalks, paints, magnetic letters etc in. With some of the others I've found there's no stick out tray, so nowhere to put the colouring stuff unless it's tucked under the board (and not easy to get to). The pots are detachable, so easy to clean. It's also very sturdy.
The downside is that the paper doesn't stay in the clip very well, but I just stick it on with a bit of tape.

I bought mine from a carboot for £2 :thumbsup:

watgem
25-05-2012, 05:57 PM
ooh I like that crayola one, I have a step 2 its ok, quite sturdy but compact but has one long tray either side so pots etc can tip over, also only a clip on one side but I use tape too

pinkrabbit
25-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I have the wooden ELC one. It has blackboard one side, magnetic board/whiteboard on the other side and a paper roll. It also has a tray on either side for materials. Mine was a bargain £1 from ebay and only a mile down the road, so no postage costs.

Smiley
25-05-2012, 06:22 PM
I have an IKEA wooden one which takes a roll of paper

miffy
25-05-2012, 07:45 PM
I have a little tykes one, it has a chalkboard on one side and paint board on the other. Each side has a tray for paints, chalks etc. it's very sturdy and has survived lots of children. I got mine from a garden sale for £2.00

Miffy xx

loocyloo
25-05-2012, 07:49 PM
i have a wooden elc one, but i want a plastic one i can leave in the garden! ..but those of you with them ...is the blackboard bit any good?

watgem
25-05-2012, 08:00 PM
I have left plastic ones otside but they kind of warp in damp weather cos the boards are made from that funny fibre board stuff, so you just need to check behind the black/white side. I also find slightly damp chalk seems to show up betterxxx

miffy
25-05-2012, 08:03 PM
i have a wooden elc one, but i want a plastic one i can leave in the garden! ..but those of you with them ...is the blackboard bit any good?

The blackboard on my little tikes one is fine

Miffy xx