PDA

View Full Version : Respect to you all!

venus89
05-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I had my first day with 2 mindees yesterday, after a couple of monthsof one on one. 9 month old boy from 8 - 4.30, 14 month old girl from 8.45-3.15. Only one highchair and cot (this was a one off). I did it but I was knackered by the end of it!! Those double buggies are hard work and I didn't get a minutes peace because I had to stagger their sleep times.

I am so impressed with all of you who look after more than one on a daily basis :clapping: - you must be permanently worn out!

angeldelight
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes I am haha

You just get used to it - I feel like a robot sometimes though

Good luck with the minding

Angel xx

katickles
05-06-2008, 09:42 AM
You will soon fall into a routine with it

:)

sarah707
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
It gets easier... or so they tell me :laughing:

sue32
05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
You get into a routine and keep to it as much as possible, You will then learn when to rest and when its all hands on. At the moment I am on 24/7 care and baby was up 4 times during the night but still will have my rest time ither wise I will be dead on my feet

Bevbeetle
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
All my parents say it me they going to work for a rest ! i love my job but its demanding, tiring, but very rewarding:) :)

nell57
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Well done for yesterday:thumbsup:

You do get used to it eventually:D

It makes you appreciate when you do have quieter days, like I have today, a family of 2 mindees have phoned in sick, so just have 2 & half year old all day. We are both having a lovely time, but he does keep asking about the other 2.

Helen

nannysue
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Once you can get yourself into a routine you will be surprised how much easier each day becomes. Even after 29yrs childminding i have many days when i seem to be meeting myself coming backwards and am absolutly shattered mentaly and physically!!!! but i wouldn't change it for the world.

ajs
05-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Once you can get yourself into a routine you will be surprised how much easier each day becomes. Even after 29yrs childminding i have many days when i seem to be meeting myself coming backwards and am absolutly shattered mentaly and physically!!!! but i wouldn't change it for the world.

other than the 29 years minding:eek:
i agree with nanny sue it can be so demanding but most of the time it's a great job
how many jobs can you be paid to sit in the garden and play on a lovely day like today.
just think you could be stacking shelves at asda or pushing paper in a hot office

i know where i'd rather be

Cammie Doodle
05-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Ditto Nannysue, although not 29yrs but 19yrs between Fostering and Childminding

Mollymop
05-06-2008, 01:45 PM
I felt the same as you, venus, after my first few days - 4 weeks ago. I was getting a headache at the end of everyday for the first week. I feel a little more relaxed now though, but only a bit!

disney
05-06-2008, 03:35 PM
: i agree with what most of said and it also gets better the more you get to know the children you care for .but some days are better than others and some mindees area easier than others . im sure in time it will work for you :D

deeb66
05-06-2008, 04:24 PM
As the others have said.....

It does get easier with time.......

In fact I find it strange when we have a quiet day!

Wendy Woo
05-06-2008, 04:56 PM
:thumbsup: im the same got so used to havin 3 boys around the age of 2 it is so weird wen its just me and george like it was yesterday. I have also found he gets a bit lost to bless him
But i will get easier with more children as like everyone has said u get into a routine
Hope u enjoy bein busy x

Alibali
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
One of my full timers is on holiday next week so I only have 2 each day:D It's going to be a breeze!!

Ali x