PDA

View Full Version : what was I thinking...!!!

marnieb
24-05-2012, 05:43 PM
i NEED some time off work, so i decided in a month's time I'd have a whole 3 days off. I knew one parent would be a pita about it, so I arranged for her son to go to another minder if she needed, knowing full well this is what she'd do.

So, I gave her the days tonight, and with a straight face turned round to me and said, 'oh, can't you do the following week as that's when we're away?'.......................

:mad:

So I turned round and said no, I'd notified all my other parents already, and besides I'd arranged cover for her.

What was I thinking booking some time off work, silly me!!!!!

sarah707
24-05-2012, 05:59 PM
:eek: You want time off?? :eek:

Well done you for sticking to your guns! :clapping:

JCrakers
24-05-2012, 06:02 PM
I can't believe you want time off..shame on you :D

I can't believe the nerve of some people. :angry:

scoobydoo1
24-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I am laughing, I am a bit slow on the uptake, just figured out what pita is lol

is DH darling husband?

EmmaReed84
24-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Some people! I booked the rest of the week off following the jubilee bank holiday. Planned on going to see my sister who just had a baby and my other sister who has cancer... Anyway DH could not get the time off so I had to cancel... Parent said "Oh that's good, means I don't have to get my Mum to come over to look after the kids!!" :eek: cheers!

Demonjill
24-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Good for you:thumbsup:

I think for pita parents even if i could change it - i wouldnt lol:laughing: serve them right

maggiesk
24-05-2012, 08:48 PM
sorry but I'm a bit slow on the uptake- what is a pita parent- i may know one or two myself?

The Juggler
24-05-2012, 09:48 PM
now that is just taking the mickey - why on earth would you need or want time off? :laughing:

Daftbat
25-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Time Off - you naughty girl.....you know that's not in the contract:rolleyes:

It amazes me how much trouble people have with parents when they need time for themselves. I realise how lucky I am after reading threads about this sort of thing. I need to have surgery soon and all my parents have been really supportive even though I have told them that the date I intend to return to work may change if there are complications. Even when I have been ill - I had a cluster headache once and had to drop everything - they have been brilliant. Perhaps I should give them all a star or something for being so good!!!!

boxtree7
25-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Your at home all day why would you need a break ......... really you can't be tired.

ChocolateChip
25-05-2012, 10:39 AM
pita= pain in the a......!

For goodness sake, don't you all know by now we are only here to be at the beck and call of the parents?? :D

miffy
25-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Very inconsiderate of you wanting time off!

And, of course, it would have been so much easier (and cheaper) for them if you'd had your holidays when they were off :rolleyes:

Enjoy your breaK

Miffy xx