PDA

View Full Version : House question

sprinkles
24-05-2012, 02:52 PM
My mum passed away last year and my uncle is selling the farm as we need to pay off my mums council bill. My mum owns a third of the farm and my uncle the other 2 as my gran left her third to him.

I have just received a letter today from my uncles solicitor saying he wants us to take out a 6 month contract for the house but it will still be rent free until the farm sells then we will have to pay rent for 2 months.

How will this work with my childminding registration? Technically I own the property as my mum left her share of the farm to me and my brothers but I'm technically renting it too?

blue bear
24-05-2012, 04:10 PM
You and your brothers own a third share and you pay rent on the other two thirds-am I right?

The housing association by us does this, it's called part ownership.

You will need written permission off your uncle to childmind on the premises as you are paying rent to him, plus c r b if he lives their too?

sprinkles
24-05-2012, 04:32 PM
You and your brothers own a third share and you pay rent on the other two thirds-am I right?

The housing association by us does this, it's called part ownership.

You will need written permission off your uncle to childmind on the premises as you are paying rent to him, plus c r b if he lives their too?

I don't pay rent at all, the house I live in was my mum's house. The contract will be a 6 month lease but with no rent while the family still own the farm, so I may have to pay 2 months rent maximum if the farm sells by the end of September as planned (because lease will run to end of November).

Supposedly it's to give us security in that we wouldn't have to be out the house as soon as the farm hands over so we have time to buy our own house and don't have to rent somewhere on a 6 month lease then instead. Meaning we could be in our own house by christmas instead of having another 6 month lease until March, if that makes sense?