PDA

View Full Version : Mindee with sunburn!!

stargazer1
24-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Having a minor (major??) panic here. Mindee came to me this morning with sunburn from yesterday (she wasnt with me yesterday I hasten to add, she was with her grandmother!!). No suncream in her bag today but in fairness mum did send a text and ask if I had some to put on her as she had forgotten. I have smothered her in factor 30, one hour in the garden later and shes like a beetroot!!! Feeling awful but dont really see how I can have done any more, we were only out for a short while and I have my own ds and another 3yr old today and it wouldnt have been fair to keep them all in all day in this lovely weather. Feeling pretty rubbish at the mo and dreading mum coming to collect :panic::(

Rubybubbles
24-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Bring her in, give her a cool drink and get her to relax, it may be just hot red (if that makes sence) I used to look after a lo years ago who went very red when outside, in the factor 50 under 50 protection shade too! Always went once calmed down.

let us know how she is, even though mum texted:mad: it may even be a reaction to your cream!

snufflepuff
24-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Bring her in, give her a cool drink and get her to relax, it may be just hot red (if that makes sence) I used to look after a lo years ago who went very red when outside, in the factor 50 under 50 protection shade too! Always went once calmed down.

I agree with this, my son gets bright red in the sun even though he's always got sun cream on- it soon settles down. I'm exactly the same, as soon as I get too hot I get a bright red face!

VeggieSausage
24-05-2012, 04:33 PM
yes one of mine looked like a beetroot yesterday - he was hot - had so much cream he started off looking like a ghost!

Beckieboo
24-05-2012, 07:02 PM
How did u get on, its been so hot today, my mindees have been so hot, sticky and bright red today, they settled down after being in for a while!

stargazer1
25-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Thanks for all your lovely messages. She was fine thank goodness, just very hot! Still burnt from the day before but no worse. Apparently she just doesnt cope well with the heat. When mum picked up I explained and she said it always happened. (wish they would tell us this beforehand!) I asked her to ensure that she sends a large brimmed hat and high factor sun cream in future suiable for her skin so I dont end up giving myself heart failure. Thanks for your support ladies xx

miffy
25-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Glad she's OK - I have a lo that is the same, any sun and she gets glowing cheeks but disappears once cooled down - still scary the first time you see it!

Miffy xx