PDA

View Full Version : Everybody seems to be missing the fact that we are working mums too!!

buzzy bee
24-05-2012, 12:50 PM
If they were to cap the hourly rate of childcare I could end up having to close down my business because I couldn't afford to live.

I would guess that most childminders are, or have at some point, been working mums and we have to make a living too!!

It's all making me very :angry:

green puppy
24-05-2012, 01:10 PM
I agree, it costs money to run a business like we all do and we all need to make a living too! I would re-consider childminding if we are de-regulated.:(

Pipsqueak
24-05-2012, 01:19 PM
If they were to cap the hourly rate of childcare I could end up having to close down my business because I couldn't afford to live.

I would guess that most childminders are, or have at some point, been working mums and we have to make a living too!!

what?? you mean you don't do this for love and free?

:eek:

shame on you:D

Mouse
24-05-2012, 01:28 PM

That's annoying me. They're talking about "childminders" as if we're inanimate objects. They seem to forget there's a human face behind the name :(

caz3007
24-05-2012, 03:36 PM
I had a card reading last night and its not tarot but angel cards and they were all leading to a change of career and having to put thought into where I want to go. Its something that I have been thinking about for a while, but think perhaps now is the time to make the move and look to the future.

If I give up CM, I dont want to work with children

Heaven Scent
24-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Here here - its a point I've noticed missing and am going to include it in my letter - There are a few other points I've noted down that haven't been covered yet - will root them out later.

Heaven Scent
24-05-2012, 04:34 PM
That's annoying me. They're talking about "childminders" as if we're inanimate objects. They seem to forget there's a human face behind the name :(

Here here but didn't you know we are some sort of Stetford type robot things who come out of our boxes in the morning and get wound up ready for the off - then we sit at home all day with fags and coffee with 3 kiddies round our feet until their parents come to collect them when we slowly wind down again and go back into our boxes - we don't eat, pay bills, have families & nobody loves us - we even have featureless faces and that is why they (the powers that be) can refer to our HOMES as SETTINGS - all very impersonal and emotionless so they can say and do what they like with us. - Oh and we wouldn't have any social skills or brains and don't communicate with anyone either - its great!!!!

watgem
24-05-2012, 05:35 PM
hehe we only childmind for pin money lol! Ive sent my parents a letter explaining the situation and that it if deregualtion comes about i will probably have to close as like them i depend on tax credits and so need to be working 24 hours a week minimum, I'm hoping this might help them to understand how important this issue and signing the petition is.