PDA

View Full Version : Children one - Penny nil

Penny1959
24-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I think I may have done too good a job on the 'we don't need toys to have a good time message'

My 4 little ones have been having a free play morning (partly because I have petition related things to do - and partly because we have a fun the packed afternoon planned going to watch olympic flame)

Any way lots of lovely free play - pop up house and dolls in lounge, big knex in middle room, home area and big light sounds toys in conservortary.

As usual toys everywhere and used in which ever room they want.

Anyway - I asked them to tidy up - they all refused! I modelled - they watched! I suggested would be a good idea then we could make flags - they said no want flags!

I got fed up and said 'Ok Penny put all the toys in shed - you will have no toys to play with. They said 'Penny - shed - toys'

About to flip by now - so I thought I would demonstrate what it would be like to have no toys - and sat them all in their booster seats with nothing on the table.

They then :- did druming on the table (just as I have shown them) copying each other - saying loud, quiet and so one.

One then started to count her fingers - all started countng out

One did tickle movements all laughed and took turns.

Oh well I supposed I should be pleased - and have some lovely in the head obs

BUT

I did not make my point - and I hate to think they 'won'

Penny :)

caz3007
24-05-2012, 10:24 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mouse
24-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Love it!

I tried an experiment the other week when I put no toys out & didn't interact with the children. I had a 2yr old, and 2 1yr olds. At first they just sat, fiddling with their fingers, then one made a silly sound, the others laughed & they all joined in. Then they tried different sounds and put in movements as well.

It was fascinating to watch as they made their own games with no toys or equipment at all.

Vickster
24-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Very funny! I love it when we come in from a morning out and they all squirrel away playing....happy to be home and just playing in their own way!

miffy
24-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh bless Penny, they certainly had you there! :)

Miffy xx

funemnx
24-05-2012, 04:33 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: LOVE IT!!!

sarah707
24-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Clever children! :clapping: