PDA

View Full Version : She walked yey

Tink
23-05-2012, 01:37 PM
My soon to be 12 month old mindee has walked for the first time today. She took 6 steps and I feel like the proudest childminder in the world right now.

She has been really frustrated but now she has done it, there will be no stopping her:clapping:

stargazer1
24-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Aww how lovely to share in such important moments in littlies lives! Had she taken any steps for mum before? Did you tell mum she had done it? xx

Tink
24-05-2012, 08:43 AM
She took her first steps on Tuesday evening walking from Mummy to Daddy. Mum was so proud to tell me yesterday.

Mindee then walked from me to my husband it was such an amazing feeling reminded us of our daughters first steps :)

MrsP2C
24-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Question from a soon to be CM: if you knew these were her very first steps (ie not walked at home first), is it generally the done thing to not tell the parents but maybe say something like 'she's been trying to walk so I'll bet it will be any day now'? I know when my DS was at his CM I was always worried I'd miss his 'firsts'!

stargazer1
24-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Thats what I was wondering. So lovely to be there Im sure, but if you arent sure if that is the very first steps, do you just soften it a bit as you have mentioned above. My first child was looked after my mother in law while I returned to office work and I thought she had done all her firsts with me, MIL then told me at Christmas after a few glasses of sherry that actually she had walked with her a few days before and she hadnt told me. I felt rubbish. Hence why I stayed at home with number 2!!!

miffy
24-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Question from a soon to be CM: if you knew these were her very first steps (ie not walked at home first), is it generally the done thing to not tell the parents but maybe say something like 'she's been trying to walk so I'll bet it will be any day now'? I know when my DS was at his CM I was always worried I'd miss his 'firsts'!

Generally no but I do as you've said and mention that I think it won't be long before they do whatever.

Miffy xx

MrsP2C
24-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks Miffy and poor you Stargazer (although feel your pain as pretty sure DS1 did his first steps for CM but thankfully she has the sense to never let on if that was the case!!)