PDA

View Full Version : Local MP has agreed to visit our local childminders group

sarahjane
23-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Following a letter put together on behalf our our Local Childminders Group by our Chairperson, our local MP has replied that he would like to come along to one of our weekly group sessions to discuss the current issues we have with the Government Proposals :clapping:

Now all we've got to do is compose a list of things we want to discuss with him I suppose, there's been so much going on recently that I'm losing the plot, so if anyone want's to make suggestions that would be a great help :)

Penny1959
23-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Fantastic well done on getting MP to agree to visit your cm group.

If I can be of any help - please let me know

Penny :)

Mouse
23-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Well done :clapping:

I'm sure we can all help you come up with a long list of concerns!

One of mine is the proposal to have local nurseries regulate, inspect and train us. Most local nurseries here are privately run and compete for work alongside childminders. How can direct competition fairly inspect us?

A bigger concern is that the majority of local nurseries are graded satisfactory. How can a nursery which struggles to follow EYFS to anything more than a satisfactory level be qualified to inspect good or outstanding childminders?

zippy
23-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Well done you,
- For a start you'll be wanting to discuss individual inspections and how important they are.
- How these proposals will effect our ability to for parents tonpay by vouchers or tax credits. Which will in turn lead to shift workers having to give up jobs, no nursery is going to do the hours we do, and if it goes ahead there'll probably be no childminders left lol.
- how standards of care have gone up since registration, do they really want to see them nose dive again.
- how can a satisfactory nursery train an supervise an outstanding childminder, also conflict of interest, we don't just want the hours they don't want thanks.
- not sure if this is factually true you'll have to check first, but numbers of childminders now seem to be on the increase in my area not going down, I think this is due to people now getting used to eyfs and no longer bring scared of it.
Im sure I'll think of more later lol, hope he's coming for te whole day you might need it lol

sarahjane
23-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Thank you all so far, we only meet for about 2 hours once a week at the local childrens centre or the village hall. Hopefully all the childminders will be singing from the same song sheet although I know a couple who are quite keen to be be deregulated!

rickysmiths
23-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Well done!

miffy
23-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm impressed your MP is coming to listen to your concerns - anything we can do to get our voice heard is great so well done.

Miffy xx

watgem
23-05-2012, 07:09 PM
well done, I'm worried that if we are deregulated parents won't be able to use tax credits/childcare vouchers to pay us, in our area there is no wrao around care/breakfast clubs or after school/holiday schemes, its childminders or nurseries only, so poorer parents would find it very difficult, if you could find out anything about this that would be fab thank youxxx

The Juggler
23-05-2012, 07:17 PM
well done that's brilliant. would love to find out how it goes :)