PDA

View Full Version : Baby monitors with more than one camera...anybody use one?

nipper
23-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi, I've been looking at getting a baby monitor that has more than one camera for use at sleep times. Not because I can't be bothered to check on them whilst they are asleep, I do, but at the moment my three littlies are asleep in three different rooms. I have a 17 month old who is like a little mouse when she wakes up she just lies there (baby monitor is in this room) but I still don't hear her over the monitor. A 12 month old screamer who goes down and wakes up crying, so no mistaking her when she's awake!:panic: and the toddlers (two over the space of the week) in the lounge on a ready bed, so they just get up when they wake up. I would like to be able to use the monitor so I can pre-empt the screamer before she wakes the whole house up as she did yesterday.

Is it possible to get monitors that hook up to a laptop so you can flick between the various rooms?

Rubybubbles
23-05-2012, 12:53 PM
no idea:laughing:

I need a new monitor though:(

rickysmiths
23-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Sounds expensive to me. Couldn't you have the screamer closer to you so you can hear as soon as they wake up?

nipper
23-05-2012, 06:48 PM
It's more hassle packing away the travel cot from the lounge at end of sleep time,hence reason why she is in the spare room upstairs so I can just leave cot set up.

sarah707
23-05-2012, 08:23 PM
My screamer goes in a comfy lie flat buggy in the garden - I hear her first that way! :D

Jiorjiina
23-05-2012, 10:50 PM
http://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/products/239/Samsung-Video-Monitor-SEW3030-%252B-Extra-Camera-Bundle.html

It's v expensive though. I'm considering it because I have a very similar problem right now.

One of mine has to go in the quietest room upstairs at the back of the house because even the traffic noise outside wakes him up, one will only sleep in a buggy I refuse to take upstairs, and the toddler doesn't really 'sleep', but sort of flops quietly in the same room as me.