PDA

View Full Version : Tax credits letter for parent. Help please.

Mouse
23-05-2012, 12:00 PM
One of my mums arrived in a real state this morning as she'd had a letter from tax credits saying they were reviewing her claim and needed a copy of her contract and a year's worth of receipts for childcare payments.

I told her it was a standard letter and not to worry about it. I've done a copy of her contract and will do a letter detailing her payments. I don't give receipts, but do obviously keep a record of payments she's made. Am I right in thinking I can do it as a letter? Do I need to list each payment, or can I confirm how much she pays weekly ( a set amount)?

Thank you.

HELEN10
23-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi I have recently had to do this for one of my parents and like you I do not do receipts but I do have a invoice template that I use for times like this and all I did was write the weekly amount of fees (not each individ wk) from and to the dates they require.

They didn't require the contract as well from the parent though.

JCrakers
23-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I also had a parent ask me this last week. She hadn't kept all my invoices and because she uses me 3 days a week and a nursery the other two she hadn't kept their invoices either so she was in a panic.

I just reprinted the invoices and marked them as paid and a covering letter to confirm the care,dates and times.
I'm sure a letter stating all payments would be fine if you don't have invoices. I would write down all received if you have time

:D

zippy
23-05-2012, 01:16 PM
My parent had it too, it will be fine, if you pm me your email I'll send you my template letter if you like, won't be till tonight though

zippy
23-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I stated what I had received in tax year to date you may want to do last tax years figure, and then what I expected to receive weekly in the future, you also need to state in letter that children have indeed been present

Mouse
23-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you Zippy. I have PM'd you :D

rickysmiths
24-05-2012, 11:58 AM
One of my mums arrived in a real state this morning as she'd had a letter from tax credits saying they were reviewing her claim and needed a copy of her contract and a year's worth of receipts for childcare payments.

I told her it was a standard letter and not to worry about it. I've done a copy of her contract and will do a letter detailing her payments. I don't give receipts, but do obviously keep a record of payments she's made. Am I right in thinking I can do it as a letter? Do I need to list each payment, or can I confirm how much she pays weekly ( a set amount)?

Thank you.

Mouse do you use NCMA Contracts? If you do it states on them that you have to give a receipt.

Mouse
24-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Mouse do you use NCMA Contracts? If you do it states on them that you have to give a receipt.

Does it? :blush: Thanks for pointing it out.

With one parent I write all their payments down in the back of the daily diary (amount due, date due, week it covers & my initials & date when I receive it). I've told this mum I will do the same from now on. That'll count as receipts, won't it?

loocyloo
24-05-2012, 12:13 PM
all my parents bar two pay using online banking. i don't give receipts as i'm sure someone at a tax event said it is on the statement when, who and how much was paid. another mum pays me by cheque and as that will show on a statement i don't give a receipt and the last mum does pay cash weekly, and i give her a written receipt each week.

Donkey
24-05-2012, 05:20 PM
my parent's letter said they wanted the original copy of the contract!

:o

Mouse
24-05-2012, 05:24 PM
my parent's letter said they wanted the original copy of the contract!

:o

Yes, this parent's letter said that. Luckily the contract had 3 copies. Parent had one copy, so I still had 2. Mum had lost hers, so I could give her the spare copy that I had :thumbsup:

I then did her a letter showing how much she'd paid each month during the last financial year.