PDA

View Full Version : help needed ladies variation - wales

ruby
23-05-2012, 08:34 AM
at the moment we are allowed to have 6 under 5 but if there is only one of us its 3

had my inspection yesterday i asked about a variation for 4 under 5 if just one of us
she said that we did not need one for short period of times just to put it in our statement of purpose and give it to the parents and do a risk assessment

any one else heard of this

cathy

tulip0803
23-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I haven't heard this. I have had to put a variation in for a short term variation - even then it has been a hard slog and they have only awarded it for one week not the month. Been on the phone again this morning.

Friend had to apply for a short term variation for 45 minutes.

As it was a new inspector who wasn't too sure about things I would check.

I did have to send risk assessments and statement of purpose in to show change as well as the variation form to CSSIW. They are not changing my certificate but have sent a covering certificate in English only for the (wrong) time period. I would have thought that yours would need a wording change on your certificate if it is to be a permenant thing when one of you is not working.

You would need to have it official for your PLI.

ruby
23-05-2012, 03:16 PM
sorry she is not a new inspector just new to us as our usual ones retired

just thought it didn't sound right

will give her a ring to check

cathy

tulip0803
23-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Sorry mis-understood in the other thread.

I got a new inspector too due to re-shuffling in April. That cause some of the chaos with my application

manjay
23-05-2012, 06:09 PM
I haven't heard this and tbh it sounds quite hard to believe! Nowhere in the standards does it say if you fancy having 4 under 5's just change your statement on purpose:rolleyes:

I can imagine that it may change at some stage for short term variations as the amount of work involved for CSSIW for a variation is huge. My own inspector advised me a few weeks ago to request my variation for as long as possible as she didn't really have time to do it again!

This wouldn't sit right wth me and I would want it confirmed at least in an email. If she has done that then at least you can prove if there are problems in the future.

Just off to change my statement of purpose to say I can look after 5 under 5's for short periods;)

ruby
23-05-2012, 08:03 PM
just didn't seem right to me either

I know we only wanted it to cover if its raining/sleeping etc for school runs only about 1/2 hour

but still thought you would have to request a variation

will phone her tomorrow and check and get her to confirm in an email as then as you say i will be covered

cathy