PDA

View Full Version : Some general info please.

EmmaReed84
22-05-2012, 01:28 PM
This is the first time I have ever had to do this so just want to check I have a few things right...

My income from my job before minding was £3,088 (after tax) my total income from minding is £9,693.

I am struggling with my expenses. I have kept all my receipts which total £1,330. With my rent, gas, elec, council tax etc, that comes to £2,895... The problem is I pay the rent and council tax direct out of my bank and it is in my name, but the other utilities are in DH's name and they come out of his account... although I give him this back through the month.

Can I still claim the one DH pays... also what "proof" do I need ie do I need a copy of my statements showing the debits for my rent and also my council tax bill?

I am all in a bit of a tiss now lol.

VeggieSausage
22-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Have you allowed for your 10% wear and tear?......petrol, food and snacks and drinks for mindees, general cleaning/toilet rolls/washing powder you use for childminding purposes, printer paper and ink, outings, arts and crafts, baking supplies, toys, toddler groups, training expenses, ncma membership, paperwork/contracts, milk, phone costs.....etc

Yes household expenses are allowable despite bill in other name it is for the household where you run your business from....

EmmaReed84
22-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Thank you for your reply. My expenses include my rent, council tax, utilities, also my NCMA and resouces.

It does not include wear and tear, petrol or general cleaning products.

With regards to things like petrol and house hold bills how do you keep a record of this? I have a file wiht plastic wallets for each month. My accounts for each month and the receipts go in their own wallets IYSWIM. But what do I need to prove my rent or council tax? Do I need to include a copy of my bank statements?

VeggieSausage
22-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Just photocopy a bill of each of the allowable expenses and stick in your folder with this years expenses (maybe handy to have everything in joint names for future things), take off wear and tear off the total incoming amount first before you take anything else off. Make sure you take all you expenses into account you don't want to be out of pocket :p

Pixie dust
22-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Have you included your Ofsted registration fee and do you record all your milege so you can claim that back at 45p per mile.(this covers petrol etc you can't claim both)

stargazer1
24-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hijack your post - do we have to send in all receipts, bills etc, or just have them to hand should they ask?

MrAnchovy
24-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hijack your post - do we have to send in all receipts, bills etc, or just have them to hand should they ask?

No, all you send them is the tax return, and if you fill it in online you only have to enter three numbers (Total Income, Total Expenses and any Annual Investment Allowance for major purchases) :D