PDA

View Full Version : How much Happyland does a childminder need??

bec123
22-05-2012, 12:32 PM
I've acculmulated quite a lot of ELC Happyland playsets now - but think I've got too many - what sets do I need/keep - which ones to sell? They're all brill and fit in so well with themes etc. I need to be good and get rid - how much does everyone else have?

*daisychain*
22-05-2012, 12:39 PM
not enough!! I want it ALL ! my LOs love it, I think I love it more though :blush:

JCrakers
22-05-2012, 12:39 PM
A lot :D and I have some spare track in the garage...just incase :blush:

Just in case 50 peices of track get broken I have another 50 peices :laughing:

I have train track, train station, cake shop, fire station, tunnel, road, lots of cars and vehicles/diggers.
I did have more when ds was younger but sold some on ebay...it does sell :D

md0u0131
22-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Keep it all!! We love it here too.

mrstom
22-05-2012, 12:46 PM
That's a bit like the 'what's the meaning of life' question. Unanswerable!

I went a bit crazy when elc had a sale on a month or so ago. I'm not minding until September either so it's purely for my benefit at the moment :blush:

JCrakers
22-05-2012, 12:49 PM
That's a bit like the 'what's the meaning of life' question. Unanswerable!

I went a bit crazy when elc had a sale on a month or so ago. I'm not minding until September either so it's purely for my benefit at the moment :blush:

Do you set it up of an evening :D

lauraj
22-05-2012, 12:58 PM
lots and lots and lots. I love happyland as does my nephew and the LO's.

Keep it all I say.

mrstom
22-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Do you set it up of an evening :D

I'm not quite that bad. Yet...

I do however like to make sure the dolls have nappies on and aren't cold by getting them dressed at bedtime. In my defence my two boys (3 and 4) are going through a put the dolls in their beds stage.

Although don't get me started on my setting up the playmobil so it looks nice fetish! I get most itchy when the aforementioned 3 year old trashes it :(

miffy
22-05-2012, 01:42 PM
You just can't have enough.............................

Miffy xx

lozzy23
22-05-2012, 01:51 PM
OOOhh Happyland - I can't get enough.

Love the London set & Queen's Diamond Jubilee set - out at the moment. When Jubilee is finished, Queenie will just be one of the other Happyland people going to the bakers, veg stall or station in her finery!:laughing:

Happyland race track/sports day will be out in July ready for the Olympics.

I have just got another CM hooked after her LO's played with the London bus the whole time they were here. She has just got the rocket .......hmmm I might just have to get one of them myself...........;)

miffy
22-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I have just got another CM hooked after her LO's played with the London bus the whole time they were here. She has just got the rocket .......hmmm I might just have to get one of them myself...........;)

We have the rocket and the lo's love it but the doors fall off all the time - not good if you're flying off into outer space! :laughing:

Miffy xx

kel1983
22-05-2012, 01:55 PM
oooo I love Happyland. But have now limited it to just people, cars and roadway. We have the post office and the lo's who are under 3 have no idea what to do with it. So dont bother with the buildings just yet.

We did however buy the fun fair set last month. They love it and the ferris wheel and merry go round play music when turned.

watgem
22-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I have 2 of those big ikea bags full, they all love it even the older ones-I'd keep it :)

jumping j
22-05-2012, 07:00 PM
keep it all.

I have a huge ikea bag full of cars and people and then 2 big storage boxes full of the buildings. And some spares in the garage, just incase

We spent a whole day last week just playing with happyland, the road took over the entire living room then we put all the shops, houses, buildings, fair around it and couldn't get out the room.

But then I got OCD about the people being in their correct homes/cars.

The lo's just don't understand that the postman belongs in the postvan, not the ambulance :laughing:

blue bear
22-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I got rid if all my happyland/track stuff a few years back. Have just bought the jubilee set, Olympic atheletes set and London bus. The mindees love them even the after schoolies.

bec123
22-05-2012, 07:49 PM
ok thanks ladies - I'll probably be keeping it all then! I have to say all my lo's love playing with it - just thought I'd got too much - obviously not judging by the replies! :)

loocyloo
22-05-2012, 07:54 PM
keep it all.

I have a huge ikea bag full of cars and people and then 2 big storage boxes full of the buildings. And some spares in the garage, just incase

We spent a whole day last week just playing with happyland, the road took over the entire living room then we put all the shops, houses, buildings, fair around it and couldn't get out the room.

The lo's just don't understand that the postman belongs in the postvan, not the ambulance :laughing:

i feel your pain!

i don't have happy land, i have the fisher price little people, and everytime they bring out a new garage i 'need' to buy it! think i've road tested them all and the original is still the best! i have soooo much and dh is always telling me i don't need it all, but i do! everyone plays with it. in fact, as i type, my 10 yr old who should be in bed :rolleyes: is currently setting up a scene with the garage, house, ark and rollercoaster !!! not sure the wheelchair and person in it should be on the helipad but heigh ho! :D

Ali56
22-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I gave away the train track as we just dont have the space here-however the lady I gave it to had a clear out recently and gave me some really fab toys in return, so lucky!!
BUT i have the fire station, ALL the space stuff, the prehistoric stuff, london bus, bluebell boot thing and fairy cars etc, post office, still got the train.... drives OH mad :laughing:
because I've got loads of FP little people stuff too...... :laughing::laughing:

zippy
22-05-2012, 07:57 PM
I think you should get rid of every single bit............................................... .................................................. ............................and give it to me hehehehe

zippy
22-05-2012, 07:59 PM
lol, quite agree.

The lo's just don't understand that the postman belongs in the postvan, not the ambulance :laughing:[/QUOTE]

samb
22-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I was tempted to buy some the other day... until I realised i have so much FP little people and I can't do just 1 small set of a toy. So I will be sticking to Little People (I have garage, castle, house, train track, fire station, zoo, farm, petting zoo, ark, plane, 2xbuses, summer house, park plus loads of characters and animals and accessories)

lozzy23
23-05-2012, 11:41 AM
We have the rocket and the lo's love it but the doors fall off all the time - not good if you're flying off into outer space! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Just bought the happyland rocket in Argos for half price:thumbsup::clapping:
The doors falling off is the only downside of Happyland, can be frustrating, but did not think of the dangers of space travel!x