PDA

View Full Version : Whoever has stolen my minding mojo can you please return it!!

miss mopple
22-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm so 'bleurgh' about childminding at the minute and I don't know why :( I'm full with a waiting list,have lovely kids on the books,great parents, a new house with a great playroom and garden for childminding so it should all be good but I've totally lost my enthusiasm in a way I never have before.

Maybe its because I have 2 off to school soon, or maybe its all the worrying things happening in the childminding world, I really don't know. Normally I love it, but every day is an effort at the minute and I feel really guilty about it.

Anyone recommend a way to kick start me again as I have to do something and fast!!

Winnie
22-05-2012, 11:03 AM
its probably because of the EYFS in september and then all this recent rubbish re Ofsted.....its very draining. I've bent with the wind so many times over the last 21 years i'm worn out and slightly bent too :p

desiderata
22-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I think a lot of us are feeling like that at the moment if we are honest x I feel like it and I think as in the previous post its all whats going on and the uncertainty for us x

JCrakers
22-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Have you looked in all the obvious places? Fridge, coat pockets, under the sofa.
Im sure you'll find it soon :D

I'm a bit the same actually with everything up in the air at the moment. You just wonder what the future holds and whether I'll be still childminder or working in a dreaded nursery :panic:

Smiley
22-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I think many of us feel like this at the moment. I have 3 good childminder friends who have all recently gone on to do other things after being childminders for years.
:(

jumpinjen
22-05-2012, 12:41 PM
How about a complete change? Go on some days out and blag some continuous provision documents from somewhere to evidence all the wonderful learning that goes on when you are out and about? then dig out the picnic blanket and get out there - I blame the weather myself for it, it's been so long in getting going this year? A bit of work to rule might rest you up - I have long been a convert to not forcing it - if you aren't feeling it then don't try and force yourself, do the basics and wait, your mojo will return much quicker and with more vigour than if you try and bully it to come back - it takes sooo much longer to do paperwork etc when your enthusiasm just isn't there - tell yourself you will just enjoy the kids until the middle of July and then think about all the other stuff - big hugs - Jen x

mum2two
22-05-2012, 12:42 PM
But it's sunny - so at the moment nothing else matters!! :laughing:

xx

Gherkin
22-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Things that don't help:
-all the palaver over deregulation/ofsted (this has stressed me out so much that yesterday I had hives all over)
-new EYFS and the work to update everything
-catching up on everything before the end of term (if you are like me you will be behind
-the weather rubbish for so long will not have helped.
-anything else - sleep issues, personal issues etc etc
Can you tell I have had mojo issues.

What normally helps me.
- trying to catch up, lists etc
- getting out and about rather than staying indoors
- exercise for me
- sleep for me
- trying to do something for me, read, cinema, going for a walk on my own!
- planning fun activities like a trip out with the kids, something out of the norm.

Hope you find your mojo.

mama2three
22-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I think your mojo may have eloped with mine - hope they return once the honeymoon is over!

miffy
22-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I am quite happy playing and looking after the children, it's all the other rubbish going on atm that's getting me down :(

Miffy xx

mama2three
22-05-2012, 01:47 PM
I am quite happy playing and looking after the children, it's all the other rubbish going on atm that's getting me down :(

Miffy xx

Thats how i feel too. day to day play is fine but Im not doing all the extra bits - all the things that keep you moving forward - they all seem pointless in the scheme of things right now.

miffy
22-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Thats how i feel too. day to day play is fine but Im not doing all the extra bits - all the things that keep you moving forward - they all seem pointless in the scheme of things right now.

I know and I've tried really hard but I can't see me working for anyone except me, so right now feeling that any extra effort (even to get ready for new EYFS) is a bit of a waste of time.

Miffy xx

lozzy23
22-05-2012, 02:52 PM

Miffy xx

This is how I feel and it doesn't help that my back up childminder/very good friend, has got ££££ signs in her eyes thinking of 5 under 5's. But has no idea what else is going on and if I try to explain she just shrugs it off with a "well it ain't gonna happen yet".:angry: It is all about the money with her, so I am letting of steam with like minded people......agghhhh.......

watgem
22-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm feeling the same all this talk of deregulation is quite depressing, making me wonder why I bothered to jump through all the hoops, and really losing interest in becoming accredited now as i don't see the point of another years hard work which could all be taken away from us, hoping the promise of a lovely sunny week will cheer me up

~Chelle~
22-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I know exactly how you feel, which is why I have decided to give it up :( I had my 2 (favourite:blush:) little ones start school last September and things haven't been the same.

I have 1 full time mindee and one in the holidays. Haven't had any calls for a while, so childminding, for me, is a bit uncertain anyway. I thought that I would be a childminder for a loooooong time, but after 7 years, I am throwing in the towel.

I am looking forward to getting my life and home back and starting something new.

Do you have a partner? Maybe sit down and have a chat with them and let them know how you feel. You need to work out the pros and cons and do what is right for YOU .

Big hugs x x

LOOPYLISA
22-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Awww Lynda im sorry your not enjoying it, as you know im not a cm, def couldnt start again :laughing:

Time for a change maybe?

zippy
22-05-2012, 08:03 PM
its probably because of all the upheavel at the moment. Most of the childminders round me just want to crack on with new eyfs now, especially with new mindees, forget EYFS tomorrow get out the water tray in the garden and have a really fun day.

zillervalley
22-05-2012, 08:16 PM
seems to me that you are not on your own with this one.

weather been horrible so it dosent help our mood

as its been sais the ofsted uncertainty lark dosnt help either

i liked the ides of going for a walk on your own

Think we all need a holiday ha

ziller

loocyloo
22-05-2012, 08:28 PM
i was losing mine, and wasn't really aware i was

but a day out, meeting up with roseolivia, adele1985 & pipsqueak has got me sorted and i feel really full of energy and ready to go!

i think the sun might have something to do with it too though!

primula
22-05-2012, 09:14 PM
That's what i was going to say! Meet up with a friend and plan time together with the kids? Try not to worry to much over all this talk and that's all it is at the moment! I tend to worry when I have to, life is too short! AND the sun is shining!:clapping:

miss mopple
22-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Glad I'm not alone. Not ready for a change yet- sure its just a blip . Hope we all get it back soon!

Hayley102
24-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Your definitely not alone! I am just about getting by! But then I start thinking that I am struggling because I haven't done enough forward thinking/planning but can't get the enthusiasm to do it! I think I am going round in circles :laughing:May be it would be better if I stop thinking:jump for joy: