PDA

View Full Version : After some advice

littleones
22-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi everyone
I have a question as im not sure what to do
The parents of E who i have 2 days a weeks aren't together and havent been since i have looked after her, they both came and signed the contracts, both said they would collect her and are both down (along with others) as emergency contacts
Yesterday i was told by her mum not to let her dad pick her up or see her, and that his girlfriend had assulted E's mum. I said ok as wasnt sure what to do, and he has never contacted me before. He didnt contact me yesterday but i have her again on thursday and there is no way i can stop him from taking her if he did show up. I have asked mum to right it in a letter and fill in new emergency contact forms but this wouldnt stop him from taking her
In the contract it says they can both pick up/drop off, should i ask her to come over to do another contact so that its only her?:confused: i really am not sure what to do. I dont think he will contact me but i wanted to know what you think i should do about the whole situation.
Sorry if it doesn't make sence, trying to get my son to sleep and he is quite distracting:blush:

sarahlou
22-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I have been in this situation a few times, i was under the impression that we cannot refuse the parent picking up the child as he is on the contract and also there are no court orders ..... but one of my parents is a county safeguarding officer and she has given me documentation which shows this isnt always the case . i no this is no help to you at all but someone may also clarify it for me too:)

BuggsieMoo
22-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Unless there is court paperwork in place that says LO cannot go with Dad, you cannot legally withold lo from Dad without it being classed as kidnap. If mum does not want LO to go with Dad, then she needs to start getting legal advice and taking it through the courts. If his partner assaulted her then I would hope that she has gone down the legal channels anyway.

sarah707
22-05-2012, 05:13 PM
I suggest you advise mum to take legal advice. She is putting you in an impossible situation if dad has PR.

Hugs xx