PDA

View Full Version : omg

kayz90
21-05-2012, 07:59 PM
This SEF is soooo hard and time consuming grrrr :panic:

sharonmanc
21-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I have only just got my password through, not even attempted it yet, maybe next week :blush:

cherry
21-05-2012, 09:33 PM
If you haven't already get Sarah's ebook on the SEF.

It's so helpful, when I had my inspection the inspector said that she felt she didn't really need to come out to me as my SEF was so informative.

All down to Sarah's ebook :thumbsup:

miffy
21-05-2012, 09:36 PM
If you haven't already get Sarah's ebook on the SEF.

It's so helpful, when I had my inspection the inspector said that she felt she didn't really need to come out to me as my SEF was so informative.

All down to Sarah's ebook :thumbsup:

Agreed :thumbsup:

And it's written in plain English :D

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
22-05-2012, 07:57 AM
From the other side.

I have refused to complete the Sef as to me it is so time consuming and repetitive it is a waste of time.

I was inspected in September and got Good with Outstandings. the inspector wasn't at all bothered that I hadn't done the sef. The inspection too a bit longer but still less time than I would have spent doing the sef!

What you have to make sure you do as you go along is how you reflect on your business. How you change things, look at and improve the ways you work and how you yourself improve through training etc.

kayz90
22-05-2012, 10:28 AM
I got the e-book from sarah which is jammed pack with info which is amazing help, its section 3 that i am stuck on. its hard to think of what you do and to evaluate yourself even though i know i do everything its hard to put it to paper lol xxx

moogster1a
22-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I've never done one. Complete waste of time.
I made up my own self evaluation under headings such as staying healty, where I wrote a couple of lines saying what I already do, home cooked food, washing hands etc., and in red, what I considered I could do better, such as need to get a copy of exclusion times for illnesses off to parents.
I think I used the headings from birth to three ( Can't remember!).
Anyway, was about 2 sided of A4, I emailed it to the inspector before she came, and she loved it. Said it was far clearer than any SEF she'd seen.
So, don't bother, make up your own then sit in the sunshnie!