PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant & very stressed with situation(s)!

muffins
21-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm now 11wks (unplanned preganancy but v happy about it) & have planned to tell parents after my 12 wk scan which is next Tues, but am off all week so when they come back the following wk! I will be taking 9mths off from mid Nov.

However the amount of stress this has caused has been huge, I have had little sleep and been so stressed it has come to tears at times! Sorry for the rant ahead!

First family A asked me to have there younger child who attends nursery for one day wk next yr, I said I cant make any decisions that far ahead and they weren't happy with this!

Then school told me last wk they were no longer happy with me driving up to & dropping off/collecting from the office!:panic: Parking is a nightmare and getting 4 pre-schoolers (variation) inc one 6mth old (& buggy) plus 2 schoolies out of car, visit 2 classrooms, back to car all in etc wasn't going to give me time to get to playsch at 9. I tried it a few times & I got to play sch about 9.15ish:(. Plus doing this everyday whilst pregnant would be very stressfull! I told parents of family A & B I was no longer happy to do sch run & gave them 4wks notice, but gave them the option to leave before 4wks up at no charge if they wanted (mainly to make my life easier)!

Family A who spoke to me like :censored: when I told them said this morn they have made other arrangments (clubs) making this wk there last, however would like to come back if things change! They also brought chocs & a plant to say sorry for the way in which they reacted, I still however was glad to them gone!

Family B went straight to the sch and arranged a meeting with the head for this morning! Roll on pick up time they said head had said no go on mornings but compromised and said I could do after sch. They have arranged a club for mornings!

So after all of that I am still to tell them I'm pregnant and will be going on mat leave!:panic: I am also v scared of family A asking to come back esp as both families are best of friends & they will learn of heads decission soon enough, they may even ask me tomorrow & I cant lie!:panic:

:crying::crying::crying:

sarah707
21-05-2012, 07:56 PM
This might just be the time to stop being professional!

Burst into tears, say you can't cope with the stress of it all and cry on their shoulders.

big hugs xx

Ripeberry
21-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Just tell them the truth, you'll be 'showing' soon and it will be obvious. If all else fails Sarah's suggestion is a good one.
Congratulations by the way :thumbsup::) You health and sanity are more important. Just take the work you can manage.

The Juggler
21-05-2012, 09:23 PM
oh honey - big hug. you need to put you first :)

Bridey
21-05-2012, 09:36 PM
This might just be the time to stop being professional!

Burst into tears, say you can't cope with the stress of it all and cry on their shoulders.

big hugs xx

Family A have said they would like to come back if things change. Its time to tell them there are bigger changes ahead and even though school have compromised, that you are now not in a position to physically be able to look after their children.

And yes, lay it on thick and turn on those waterworks! :thumbsup: