PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Truss again

moogster1a
21-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Does she have any idea what she's on about? Just been listening to the Victoria Derbyshire interview on radio 5. She starts it off by saying we have to register with a childminding network. What a pile of drivel. I avoid mine like the plague.

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 01:55 PM
LOL she is getting around today!

no, i don't think she has the faintest idea about childminders!

any minders from south west norfolk (her constituency) on here???

JCrakers
21-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Does she have any idea what she's on about? Just been listening to the Victoria Derbyshire interview on radio 5. She starts it off by saying we have to register with a childminding network. What a pile of drivel. I avoid mine like the plague.

Yes, that's what she said on radio 2 at lunchtime :rolleyes:

I might send her an invite to actually come round my house to actually see what my job is firsthand....then she might have a small idea of what childminding really is like....:laughing:
Then I'll borrow two children from somewhere and I'll pop down to the pub for an hour and leave her with 5 children under 5 and see how she copes with them..:D
Sounds like a plan

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 01:57 PM
i've just looked her constituency page http://www.elizabethtruss.com/

there are some twitter comments, but i'm not on twitter and have no idea how to even go about reading them... they sound like they might be childminders!

moogster1a
21-05-2012, 02:07 PM
She's just said that she knows there are nurseries in her constituency who would welcome the chance to train and supervise childminders. I bet they would!! Surely to god this wouldn't happen.

caz3007
21-05-2012, 02:38 PM
She's just said that she knows there are nurseries in her constituency who would welcome the chance to train and supervise childminders. I bet they would!! Surely to god this wouldn't happen.

I bet they would cos they would get paid for it!!

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Thats right and who said they were qualified to inspect me? My nearest one has never got more than a bare Satisfactory at inspection and I have always had Good and Goods with outstandings and I have our Counties Quality Assurance Accreditaion which they have never got. :rolleyes:

Maybe I should be inspecting them ;)

karens knippers
21-05-2012, 02:46 PM
OMG that woman *@!~^@*:angry:. If I had to go to a nursery to be trained I would be polite in telling her to ram it. I left a nursery to become a childminder.....I was the one doing the training there as some staff had nooooooo idea.I know not all nurseries the same.I thought all practitioners could access the same early years training!!!!!:angry::angry::angry:
Sorry rant over....until that woman opens mouth again.:rolleyes:

Beaka
21-05-2012, 02:47 PM
i've just looked her constituency page http://www.elizabethtruss.com/

there are some twitter comments, but i'm not on twitter and have no idea how to even go about reading them... they sound like they might be childminders!

On twitter a childminder called Helen Hale is giving her a grilling! xx

mum2two
21-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Oooo - hubby's on twitter - may have to hijack hi account later... ;)

I was shouting at the radio earlier to from her saying we HAVE to join a childminding network and pay for it!!

xx

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 02:59 PM
the nursery attached to our school is good, and i would be happy to have them involved ( plus they love childminders :D and think we're great! )

any other preschool/nursery - forget it!

caz3007
21-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I dont do twitter, but if you click on the join the conversation bit it takes you to her page and you can read all the comments

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I have emailed her this afternoon.

The Juggler
21-05-2012, 05:02 PM

how very dare she! my god most of us could train most of the nursery staff at most local nurseries - few exceptions I will admit but most of them :panic::panic:

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I have emailed her this afternoon.

See here :

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=1103567#post1103567

mama2three
21-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Those nurseries are our competition. There would be a direct conflict in them inspecting us!
My local nursery is satisfactory.
4 local childminders are outstanding.
who should be training/ inspecting who exactly?

uf353432
21-05-2012, 05:38 PM
On twitter a childminder called Helen Hale is giving her a grilling! xx

Helen appears to be now following me on twitter loL!

mum2two
21-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Those nurseries are our competition. There would be a direct conflict in them inspecting us!

This is what every childminder I've spoken to has said!

Not exactly fair for the competition to be 'grading' us! Half of them haven't a clue anyway.

And how can they run a nursery, and inspect childminders??? Surely their own setting would suffer with them constantly being out... :rolleyes:

xx

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 05:56 PM

This is exactly what I have said in my email to her. I have offered to inspect our local nursery :laughing:

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 05:57 PM
This is what every childminder I've spoken to has said!

Not exactly fair for the competition to be 'grading' us! Half of them haven't a clue anyway.

And how can they run a nursery, and inspect childminders??? Surely their own setting would suffer with them constantly being out... :rolleyes:

xx

The money they will be paid will prob more than pay for a special inspection officer. :laughing:

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Helen appears to be now following me on twitter loL!

:D:D:D:D:D

can you direct her to the forum? !!!

miffy
21-05-2012, 06:17 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

Miffy xx

moogster1a
21-05-2012, 06:30 PM
here's her email address
elizabeth.truss.mp@parliament.uk

Please all make your voice heard or we will be forced out of our living and parents will have no choice but nurseries.

miffy
21-05-2012, 06:32 PM
here's her email address

Please all make your voice heard or we will be forced out of our living and parents will have no choice but nurseries.

Thank you!

In over 20 years of childminding I have never sent so many emails and letters in such a short space of time!

I just hope someone, somewhere blooming' well listens!

Miffy xx

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you!

In over 20 years of childminding I have never sent so many emails and letters in such a short space of time!

I just hope someone, somewhere blooming' well listens!

Miffy xx

i've only been childminding 9 yrs, but over 20 in childcare and i agree!

HelenHale
21-05-2012, 07:42 PM
:D:D:D:D:D

can you direct her to the forum? !!!

Hi :waving:

sarah707
21-05-2012, 08:05 PM

Welcome to the forum Helen! :clapping:

I understand you have been loud and proud for childminders today :D

Smiley
21-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi Helen

Well done for today:clapping:

Mouse
21-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Helen! :clapping:

I understand you have been loud and proud for childminders today :D

Welcome Helen :clapping:

I'm getting lost with all these threads, so please start a new one telling us what you've been up to :thumbsup:

Smiley
21-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Jiffy you took the words out of my mouth! I also have never sent so many emails and links today, just hope I can sleep, my head is wizzing

karens knippers
21-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi Helen.Welcome to the forum.:)

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 08:22 PM

welcome :clapping::clapping::clapping:

sounds like you've been having a fun day ;)

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi Helen!

Helen has been twitter stalking truss - and then got blocked ha ha!!

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 08:40 PM
here's her email address

I emailed her this afternoon. I have posted what I said on another thread. :thumbsup:

Donkey
21-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I put the netherland report link on her twitter...

I can't use twitter well though

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome Helen!

madcaz
21-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for truss' email ive just emailed her aswell. As childminders we need to get our voice heard!! I wrote;

Hi the reason most parents choose childminders is because we can offer their children one to one care and take them out and about unlike alot of nurseries, changing the ratio would not only upset the childminders and children but the parents as well!!
As for nurseries inspecting childminders I think that is ridiculous as we have the same qualifications!! Childminders shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush, some of us are willing to learn more and extend our training. I think childminders are on the same par as nurseries and should be treated with equal concern and recognised as the professionals that they are!

uf353432
21-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Do you think Truss is thinking 'Damn when did childminders get so informed?, gosh darn this professional development malarcky!'

sarah707
21-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Do you think Truss is thinking 'Damn when did childminders get so informed?, gosh darn this professional development malarcky!'

:laughing::laughing:

miffy
21-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Jiffy you took the words out of my mouth! I also have never sent so many emails and links today, just hope I can sleep, my head is wizzing

Oooo I have a new name!:laughing:

Miffy xx

miffy
21-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Hi Helen

Welcome to the foruM and well done for your efforts today :clapping:

Miffy xx

Twinkles
21-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I tweeted ET ( :D ) and asked if she thought that as an outstanding childminder ( twice ) I should be inspected/trained/regulated by a nursery with a good grade.

Her response was 'It is only one option' :angry:

Ripeberry
21-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I want to Tweet but don't think she'll be up now. Bet she's gone to bed with a giant headache! :D

rickysmiths
22-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I tweeted ET ( :D ) and asked if she thought that as an outstanding childminder ( twice ) I should be inspected/trained/regulated by a nursery with a good grade.

That is true but what we have got to do is show why it is the wrong one.

I have sent her an email and have asked why she thinks a Privately run, for profit nursery that has only ever barely scrapped a Satisfactory Grade is qualified to inspect and train me who has never been graded less than Good and for the last two Good with Outstandings? That maybe I should be the one inspecting the Nursery and helping them improve. :laughing:

miffy
22-05-2012, 06:59 AM
The bottom line is that nurseries are our competitors - in what other profession are people regulated by their competitors?

Miffy xx

miffy
22-05-2012, 07:00 AM

Yes, and it's not the right one! :angry:

Miffy xx

mama2three
22-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Oooo I have a new name!:laughing:

Miffy xx
Jiffy!
Does that now make you an auld bag?:laughing:!

Penny1959
22-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Has anyone had an email reply from ET?

I have not and just wondered if anyone else has.

Penny :)

mama2three
22-05-2012, 07:09 AM
If I never hear this Womans name again itwill be too soon.

My email asked how a satisfactory nursery , with whom I am in direct competition , would be qualified to train / inspect the local childminders of whom at least 4 are outstanding.

Carol M
22-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Just catching up with this farce
It's another case of " open mouth before brain engages"
I'm all for debate and discussion, a little more research on her part would be good.:rolleyes: I hope she takes note and talks with ALL parties concerned before she makes further comment. She perhaps is not aware of Sir Michael Willshaw's gaffe!!
Politicians eh?.
Helen, well done on twitter. I read your tweets,you are most welcome in this forum.
Miffy, love your new name :laughing:
Carol xx

Heaven Scent
22-05-2012, 07:29 AM
The bottom line is that nurseries are our competitors - in what other profession are people regulated by their competitors?

Miffy xx

Here Here Miffy - you go girl - get on Twitter and tell her LOL - you could always e-mail it LOL!!!

rickysmiths
22-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Has anyone had an email reply from ET?

I have not and just wondered if anyone else has.

Penny :)

I just had one asking for my full address and was told that ET (those are unfortunate initials!) would be reading my email herself :thumbsup:

sarahjane
22-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I just had one asking for my full address and was told that ET (those are unfortunate initials!) would be reading my email herself :thumbsup:

One would hope she would read ALL the emails herself! :angry:

HelenHale
22-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Helen, well done on twitter. I read your tweets,you are most welcome in this forum.
Carol xx

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I'm still finding my way around on here so you'll have to bear with me.

Carol, I think she is very aware of Wilshaw's comments, they are quoted in her report so she obviously agree's with them.

The lady whose research into the dutch system that the daycare trust review is based on did send me a pm yesterday saying she would try very hard to get the misunderstanding cleared up, and there is also another MP who has spoken out against the proposals in parliament.

The problem is that most people just see a report into more affordable childcare and think yay great without thinking about any of the obvious implications!

Helen x

Heaven Scent
22-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I thought Ms Truss was speaking on radio 5 between 1 & 2 today did I get that wrong?

wendywu
22-05-2012, 12:17 PM
[
QUOTE=rickysmiths;1103925]I just had one asking for my full address and was told that ET (those are unfortunate initials!)

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: