PDA

View Full Version : Bereavment

handeme
21-05-2012, 12:35 PM
My Grandad passed away a couple of weeks ago. I took the day off after he died (Tuesday) and made my self avaliable for work Wednesday but the parents of mindees decided to keep them off to give me more time. I also took one day off for the funeral.

My policies and contracts state that in the event of bereavement its down to the parents discreation whether they pay me or not.

Now I have deducted the amount off the invoice but I wanted to pop a little note at the bottom to say as per polices its your choice whether to pay me or not, but I dont know how to word it.

Also one of my mindees was off with measles through the whole of this team, do I do the same for his invoice?

sarah707
21-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Would you be putting parents in a difficult position by asking for the money? How would you feel if you received a request for it - put yourself in their shoes maybe?

I suppose it depends on your relationships with parents.

So sorry to hear about your granddad. Hugs xx

miffy
21-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Very sorry to hear about your grandad but I don't think I would put anything on the parents invoice about payment. I would leave things and if the parents decide to pay you that would be a lovely gesture.

Miffy xx