PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive chap and nappy change

melco
21-05-2012, 11:33 AM
When I need to change a mindees nappy he gets quite concerned and says it hurts or tries to blame that he has had a poo on his little brother. His mum says she is trying to potty train him but at my house there is no evidence that he is ready and he did have a urine infection last time he came, but today he got very tearful about it, it ended up with me changing him standing up and he did not want me to put his gloves on as he said he didn't like them. He has just had a poo now and again is blaming his younger brother and really does not want me to change him, I don't want to struggle with him over it but now its a poo I can not really get him to stand! Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

melco

JCrakers
21-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Sounds like potty training is not helping. Do you think maybe he's pooed at home on the floor and mums told him off..kids can be very sensitive to poo and if he's been told off for doing one then it could give him a fear of going...hence the reason he's blamed his brother, like it's naughty.

sarah707
21-05-2012, 05:13 PM
You'll just need to talk him into lying down and explain that you will be as quick as possible if he lies still like a soldier.

Bless him it sounds like he's had a bad experience. :(

Chat to mum as well - whatever is happening at home is not helping him just now maybe she needs to change her way of tackling the potty training.

Hugs to the little one x