PDA

View Full Version : E petition - quick response please

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 08:29 AM
On another thread it was suggested that I put together a e petition (and Sarah - so Sarah if reading - not excluding - just got so cross with news thois morning that got on with it)

So here is the first draft

I want to submit it by lunch time - so comments asap please

We urge the Government to undertake full and current research into all aspects of registered childminding and to consult with experts in the field, national representative organisations and most importantly those who are practising registered childminders, before deciding on the future regulation and inspection requirements of childminders.
We understand the Government’s desire to cut childcare costs for parents and need to reduce Government budgets, however as registered childminders are an integral part of the childcare market providing professional, home based childcare that meets the needs of parents, providing more flexible hours, the ability for siblings to all ages to be cared for together, care from birth to teenage years ensuring continuity of care, and lower ratios that centre based care.
Registered childminders follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and all other legal requirements the same as other Early Years settings to ensure the children in our care receive high quality care and education, which is regulated and inspected.
Over many years there has been continued progress made to ensure all children have opportunity to experience high quality care and education, and to be safeguarded from harm through childcare that is regulated, inspected.
Therefore before reaching any decision which will impact on parent’s choice of regulated childcare, children’s equality of opportunities and childminders businesses is made, the government must ensure that this is a step forward with positive benefits to all but especially for the children because opportunities to reach their full potential, once missed are hard if not impossible to recreate and failure to safeguard a child can never be reversed.

Penny :)

jayjay1963
21-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Great idea, I would definitely sign it! There are so many scenarios being thrown about that we need to pin them down and find out exactly what is going on!

jacqui

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:35 AM
2nd para doesn't read right

We understand the Government’s desire to cut childcare costs for parents and need to reduce Government budgets; however as registered childminders we are an integral part of the childcare market providing professional, home based childcare that meets the needs of parents, providing more flexible hours, the ability for siblings of all ages to be cared for together, care from birth to teenage years ensuring continuity of care, and lower ratios that centre based care.

have amended above

karens knippers
21-05-2012, 08:39 AM
well worded penny.once submitted i will defo be signing. thanks:clapping::)

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 08:43 AM
2nd para doesn't read right

We understand the Government’s desire to cut childcare costs for parents and need to reduce Government budgets; however as registered childminders we are an integral part of the childcare market providing professional, home based childcare that meets the needs of parents, providing more flexible hours, the ability for siblings of all ages to be cared for together, care from birth to teenage years ensuring continuity of care, and lower ratios that centre based care.

have amended above

Thank you - had spotted tis myself on second reading - problem that comes from doing something when so cross.

Reads better now - will make the change

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered childminders follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and all other legal requirements the same as other Early Years settings to ensure the children in our care receive high quality care and education, which is regulated and inspected.

would consider revising to:

Registered childminders are regulated and inspected, they follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and meet the legal requirements in the same way all other early years settings do. This ensures that all children receive high quality care and learning opportunities and that early years settings have a common language when practicing multi agency working.

murrayspud
21-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Reads well, but you need to add an "and" and remove a punctuation here.....

and to be safeguarded from harm through childcare that is regulated, and inspected.

That is in the third paragraph at the end.

Other than that it looks great.

Kathryn x

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:51 AM

I would remove this one as its almost a repeat of the previous para.

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Therefore before reaching any decision which will impact on parent’s choice of regulated childcare, children’s equality of opportunities and childminders businesses is made, the government must ensure that this is a step forward with positive benefits to all but especially for the children because opportunities to reach their full potential, once missed are hard if not impossible to recreate and failure to safeguard a child can never be reversed.

would consider revising to:

Before reaching any decision which will impact on parent’s choice of regulated childcare, children’s equality of opportunities and childminders businesses, the government must build upin the significant progress that has been made in the childminding sector in recent years, ensuring that this is a step forward with positive benefits to all but especially for children because opportunities to reach their full potential, once missed are hard if not impossible to recreate and failure to safeguard a child can never be reversed.

uf353432
21-05-2012, 08:56 AM
so just to make it clearer the amends I would make (sorry i'm supervising play whilst copy writing lol)

We urge the Government to undertake full and current research into all aspects of registered childminding and to consult with experts in the field, national representative organisations and most importantly those who are practising registered childminders, before deciding on the future regulation and inspection requirements of childminders.

Registered childminders are regulated and inspected, they follow the Early Years Foundation Stage and meet the legal requirements in the same way all other early years settings do. This ensures that all children receive high quality care and learning opportunities and that early years settings have a common language when practicing multi agency working.

Before reaching any decision which will impact on parent’s choice of regulated childcare, children’s equality of opportunities and childminders businesses, the government must build upon the significant progress that has been made in the childminding sector in recent years, ensuring that this is a step forward with positive benefits to all but especially for children because opportunities to reach their full potential, once missed are hard if not impossible to recreate and failure to safeguard a child can never be reversed.

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Thank you for all you comments and suggestion - need to go do some activities with children now - but at next opportunity - which may not be until lunch time (and just before submit) I will do final version and post on here.

Many thanks

Smiley
21-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Just had quick proof read and spotted upin which needs to be upon. Easily done with fast typing! Apart from that it's looking good, just wonder if some of the commas should be replaced with full stops. Shorter consise sentences can be more powerful, what do you think?

Well done Penny it's looking good

Smiley
21-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Great uf you already spotted the word my previous post commented on.

desiderata
21-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks Penny and Sarah once again your doing a splendid job x dont know where we would be without youx will be signing later x

mum2two
21-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Looks great! Wonder if children's safety should be highlighted more, as wasn't that one of the reasons it all become so heavily regulated in the first place and EYFS from ECM after the Victoria climbie case.

xx

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Thank you everyone for your input - and especially UF. I have decided to go with the summary of amendments posted by UF - as it captures what I what to say - and I think is most likely what my final version would have looked liked - had I had time this morning.

By the way 4 x 2 year olds this morning - all now gone down for nap - and this mornings discoveries?

If you tip your bucket of sand over the basket of pine cone they fill with sand and you can shake the sand everywhere - also the pebbles fit through the mesh on the guinea pigs cage!

Anyway - will now go and try to submit it - will of course get back to you if it is accepted - and then the campaign will begin because we will need 100.000 signatures for it to get to parliment.

Thanks everyone

mum2two
21-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Well done Penny! :thumbsup:

Thanks xx

wendywu
21-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Quick work Penny :thumbsup:

loocyloo
21-05-2012, 12:19 PM
well done x

elaineg
21-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Well done and thank you

JCrakers
21-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Good, I was looking for the 'like' button again but of course it's not there :laughing:

The Juggler
21-05-2012, 12:54 PM
thanks Penny - sorry only just seen this so hadn't commented.

Penny1959
21-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks all - please see my thread E petition - frustrated.com