PDA

View Full Version : nappy changes

Helen Dempster
21-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Morning everyone :)

Silly question time...how many nappy changes do you usually give a 9m old? I check throughout the day, and if needed, I'll change. Mum's put note in book today asking for more nappy changes cos little one had a very red, sore bottom on Friday (but her nappies were very loose). I don't ever leave little one in a wet or soiled nappy, as soon as it needs changing, I change it. Do you all change nappies even if they don't need changing? Just wondering how many times during the day do you change?

Thanks all and have a lovely day x

sarahjane
21-05-2012, 07:22 AM
I normally change around 10, then just after lunch before sleep, when they wake and just before they go home so 3 or 4 depending on when they go home. Obviously if they need changing inbetween then I do, and if they are in washables then it's more frequent. I find it very much depends on the child, some drink bucket loads and some only a little.

Chimps Childminding
21-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I normally change around 10, then just after lunch before sleep, when they wake and just before they go home so 3 or 4 depending on when they go home. Obviously if they need changing inbetween then I do, and if they are in washables then it's more frequent. I find it very much depends on the child, some drink bucket loads and some only a little.

I'm about the same, but to be honest I wouldn't think parents get up in the night to change the nappy, so they must go 8 hours or so then!! Nappies are so good these days I really don't think they need changing (unless pooed) very often!!

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 07:35 AM
It depends on the child but I certainly check and change am, before lunch and sleep and then check after sleep and change if needed and then before home.

jumping j
21-05-2012, 05:33 PM
It depends on the child, around every 2 hours usually, but I have one lo who drinks a lot of water and juice so he needs changing more regularly

butterfly
21-05-2012, 05:49 PM
I change every 3 hours ish unless they smell in between!! I'm more conscious of babies who suffer with nappy rash but even then it's only every 2.5 hrs generally

miffy
21-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I tend to change them 3 or 4 times a day so roughly every 2.5 hours.

I always note when I change and whether it was wet or soiled, plus if I've applied cream if bottom is sore.

Miffy xx