PDA

View Full Version : Extended Contract

melco
21-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi,

I have 2 boys on a Monday for 4 hours and their mum and I were signing up every 4 weeks as I was hoping to get a full timer as she understood that 4 hours a week was not enough for me.

Basically I do now have a full timer who will be Tuesday-Friday so I can still carry on having the 2 boys so their mum wants me to have them until the end of July. Instead of writing out another contract someone said that I could just write it out and attach it to the current contract and get parent to sign and I sign. Is that correct? If so what do I put?

Thanks

melco

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 07:42 AM
If you have used a Short term Contract no. You need to do an ordinary contract for the two months until the end of July. This will then cover you if they come in the holidays or in Sept.

I must confess I would have done a normal contract to begin with and made a not about giving notice if a full time child was taken on.

melco
21-05-2012, 08:24 AM
As I am a new childminder I didn't think about it, feel stupid that we were doing it that way. We signed a full contract as I did not have short term ones. So should we do a full one again now until end of july or type something up to add to current contract?

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 01:09 PM
If you have an NCMA on there is a section to review the contract that is signed and dated by all parties. I would type out a sheet with your name address and URN on it, The parents name and address. Then detail the hours required if they are different and both sign and date it and attach it to the contract. Not by the review bit that there is an attached sheet dated xxxxx.

Or if it is to extend the contract note the new date for starting the second phase of care but don't put an end date on it, leave it open. The parent will be required to give you up to four weeks written notice under the contract and so will you (or however many weeks you decide).