PDA

View Full Version : Unsecured / stepped garden

MrsP2C
20-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm getting ready for my first inspection but the one thing that I'm struggling with is my garden. It's large, not 100% secure (gaps in hedge etc) with wooded areas and also has quite steep level drops & stone steps/patio! Older kids absolutely love it but it's not safe for little ones & I can see Ofsted having a field day out there. Will a full risk assessment inc no unaccompanied access for little ones suffice or will I have to fence off a safe area to get it registered?
Thanks
MrsP2C

christine e
21-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Think you are saying that it is not safe for little ones so I think you need to be thinking about what you can do to make it safe. Unfortunately just been out there and supervising isn't always enough because things happen as soon as you become distracted and with a number of children this can quickly happen. Sounds to me like fencing off a section for the little ones would be the solution even if Ofsted were happy with it as it stands (and they are a law upon themselves so you never know what they will say) I think you know it is not safe as it stands.

Good look with inspection

Christine

EmmaReed84
21-05-2012, 06:28 AM
My garden is large and slopes down a hill, I have a raised patio area with steps leading down. There was fencing along the patio but no gates to the steps, at the very bottom on the garden there were gaps leading to next doors garden.

I paid to get a fence put up at the bottom to secure the gaps and also have gates fitted so I could close off the patio for the little ones and the older ones could go down the garden if they wished.

I think only you know your garden and what will make it safe.

MrsP2C
21-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks that's helpful will get hubby on the case!!