PDA

View Full Version : Advertising???

kindredspirits
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone,
I've jst joined this forum, and know its probably a bit cheeky asking for help straight away, but basically I am NEARLY registered - i have been inspected etc and am just waiting for the CRB checks to come back in the next few weeks. I figured since i am so close to starting i should start advertising, but i haven't got a clue where to start. i have printed an ad to put in my local post office window, and am planning to raid some local mums and tots groups with my 16 month old son, but other than that i'm totally stuck.
what does everyone else do to advertise vacancies??

THANKS in advance.
anna

sarah707
04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Anna welcome to the forum!

Don't forget to pop into say hello and introduce yourself to everyone!

I suggest you have a good nosey around the 'starting childminding' section of the forum - there are lots of good ideas in there...

Good luck! :D

katickles
04-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Hi

I was just about to suggest that you look in the search area as theres so many places that you can advertise - all of which are listed on this forum.

Alot of us are doing lots of advertisng at the moment - so have a good nose around & i'm sure you'll find them all.

Welcome to the forum BYW & enjoy :)

Gherkin
04-06-2008, 09:14 PM
hiya,
places i advertised:

Local goverment website ( in our area Opportunity Links)

Local Magazine (£60-£70 for 6 months)

The Grapevine magazine (Free Ad)

Netmums

Networking woth other local childminders - if someone can't use the business you might will be able to!

Good luck

Annie_T
06-06-2008, 08:31 AM
anywhere there are kids - advertise hun lol

also how bout making your own website ? this one is free here http://members.freewebs.com/index.jsp

also make a sign for the car window, go to vista print a order the free business cards (tho you pay poastage)

any sort of shop is great place, ppl always look in ad section.

how bout handing leaflet out in the town when see mums dads etc

i would wait til you get your ofted/reg num tho as i seen childminders with this on their ad - guess it so ppl can actually check that their are who they say etc

good luck hun

brillminder
06-06-2008, 05:41 PM
i carry one off my bags with ask me about childminding on ( see photo) when i need to fill spaces and always carry some business cards with tel number hand out to all and tell folks your childminding now and have a few spaces good luck:)

kindredspirits
07-06-2008, 06:51 PM
thanks for the ideas - its not like me because i'm quite shy, but when we go down to sign contracts next week i'm going to get myself out and about and meet other mums etc get myself known.

miffy
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck

Tell everyone you meet you're a childminder - you never know who is looking for someone and I've had quite a few bits of work this way

miffy xx

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Let the local gossips, they should spread the word for free for you

angeldelight
09-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Just wanted to wish you luck Anna

Angel xx

jaja
11-06-2008, 11:09 AM
hi, just wanted to wish you luck xxx