PDA

View Full Version : what would you do???

LittleLegsCM
20-05-2012, 09:50 PM
So, while just having a nose through childcare.co.uk looking for any new parents needing childcare, I have noticed that one of my main parents of 2 of my kids updated their profile on Wednesday just gone!!
Not with 'childcare not needed' or anything like that- actually with the schedule of when care is needed etc :eek:

Would you mention it?? see what they say etc??
Would you not mention it but be on guard and start advertising 'just incase'
what would you do??? Its kind of freaked me out a bit as they are my main income so I'm rather worried!

jumpinjen
20-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Oh wow - not sure what to say - do you know her well enough to say something and ask if she is happy with your service or if there is anything she isn't happy with? Have you done a parent questionnaire recently to see if there is anything that they think would improve what you offer (not that you would def do it but it would tell you what was ont heir minds?)

And yes - always advertise, even when full!!

Jen x

LittleLegsCM
20-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Well they've only been with me since beginning of April and weve had quite a few incidents with the younger brother (he's a hitter/ pusher/ biter you name it he tries it) but they've not said they're unhappy with how I'm dealing with it or anything. It's actually really shocked me because I thought they seemed quite happy and I get on with mum quite well (don't see dad very often)

Would it be too early for a questionnaire?

rickysmiths
21-05-2012, 04:10 AM
I do one after a month. A settling in one to check they are happy, are the times working etc.

Two Princesses
21-05-2012, 06:07 AM
If you were logged in at the time it should 'advise' them you've viewed their profile anyway. Questionnaire can't hurt :)

flowerpots
21-05-2012, 06:11 AM
I think i would just let mum know you have seen it and ask if theres anything they are not happy with. I also send out a questionnaire after 1 month. :thumbsup:

LittleLegsCM
21-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Is there anywhere to print a standard one off or does everyone do their own? To be completely honest, it's not something id thought about yet. I've only been registered and working since feb and I thought it would be something I'd do after 6 months. My bad!

I'd be useless at putting one together myself!

ajs
21-05-2012, 06:32 AM
So, while just having a nose through childcare.co.uk looking for any new parents needing childcare, I have noticed that one of my main parents of 2 of my kids updated their profile on Wednesday just gone!!
Not with 'childcare not needed' or anything like that- actually with the schedule of when care is needed etc :eek:

Would you mention it?? see what they say etc??
Would you not mention it but be on guard and start advertising 'just incase'
what would you do??? Its kind of freaked me out a bit as they are my main income so I'm rather worried!

I noticed a mother had updated her profile but didn't say anything to her, she knew I knew as she got sent an email saying I'd viewed her profile. After a couple of days she mentioned it to me, I had said I didn't particularly want to collect from a certain school and her dd had been offered a place there. Which is why mum was looking for a new childminder just in case I gave notice. I didn't and we carried on for another year. Talk to mum she will know you've seen the profile

LittleLegsCM
21-05-2012, 06:39 AM
I hadnt bothered logging in at the time for some reason, I'd just done a parent seeking care search. I just done it quickly before heading for bed x

caz3007
21-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I had a parent put an advert on childcare too and asked her about it. It was because she was looking for weekend care, but didnt want to pay a bit extra like I was charging and hoped to find someone somewhere who would do it at normal rate.

She didnt and he stayed with me for another year or so until she left work to have a baby

LittleLegsCM
21-05-2012, 07:00 AM
I thought it may of been my fees at first but mine are exactly the same as most minders round here and they get the full % in childcare credits so only pay the bare minimum themselves. Mums due to pick up the youngest at 9.30, if I pluck up the courage & don't bottle it, I'll ask lol x

~Grasshopper~
21-05-2012, 07:08 AM
hi, I would log in and re view her profile. Then just mention it when she comes round, if you dont ask you cant fix any problems. Better to ask than ignore it hun.

x

wendywu
21-05-2012, 07:15 AM
I would ask her straight out why she has done that and why she is not happy.

I would also think about advertising myself just in case :(

LittleLegsCM
21-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I bottled it! :(

Two Princesses
21-05-2012, 10:48 AM
:D I would have too!

I think you have 2 choices if you can't ask her outright.
1. Log in to childacare and view her profile again. She will then know you've look and may say something to you.
2. Questionnaire.

Or maybe you should do both anyway? It's always good to know what the parents/children think. It could be a simple reason so don't panic yet!
:thumbsup:

nipper
21-05-2012, 12:00 PM
If people are suggesting you advertise just in case, why not just ask her outright?