PDA

View Full Version : 0 stage car seats

desiderata
20-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I am hopefully getting a tiny baby in the next couple of months (fingers crossed) and as this doesnt happen often I do not have a car seat.( I like to have my own) can anyone recommend any good ones, I feel like I would like one with a base that you leave in the car. I looked at the silver cross ventura but its expensive. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you x

Karaza
20-05-2012, 09:26 AM
I am hopefully getting a tiny baby in the next couple of months (fingers crossed) and as this doesnt happen often I do not have a car seat.( I like to have my own) can anyone recommend any good ones, I feel like I would like one with a base that you leave in the car. I looked at the silver cross ventura but its expensive. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you x

I have a graco with auto baby base so easy to put in and out if baby falls asleep in it

these are on offer in Argos so if you don't plan to take it in and out may be worth the money http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9020689/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEATS.htm or http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9055623/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEATS.htm

cupcake22
20-05-2012, 01:32 PM
I have birth to 4yrs car seats as i dont mind children past this age. I have always used these age ranges as it saves me buying different size car seats for different ages.

Cupcake22

jadavi
20-05-2012, 03:15 PM
which make are they cupcake?

Monkey26
20-05-2012, 03:18 PM
I have a Recaro rear facing carseat as it fits on my maclaren XLR to make a travel system :thumbsup: all my other carseats are Britax though!! Xx

littletreasures
20-05-2012, 04:12 PM
My baby comes in a Maxi Cosi car seat. I have an isofix base for it in my car, so it just clips in and out. I decided against using one of my own car seats for him as it would mean getting him out of his car seat when he arrives and putting him in mine to do the school run, which isn't fair on him.

He hates the car seat as it is and nearly always has a paddy. Never had one this young do that, lol!!

Boris
21-05-2012, 05:07 PM
The LO's I have who are in stage 0 seats arrive strapped into them! Parents leave the seat here as it's sometimes a different person collecting, or even if it's not they don't mind leaving the seat.

Before you part with your cash it might be worth checking with the parent whether they will leave their seat for you.

fluff1975
21-05-2012, 06:37 PM
I have a Britax First Class Si which is rear facing from birth and comes with a baby insert. It is 7 years old so don't know if they still make it.

I had a mindee with me at 7 wks old, mum brought him in in the Maxi Cosi car seat and left me the base. After a few weeks she gave me a spare base which her mum bought for me!

She offered to buy me the next stage seat too as I'm out once a week with all 3 littlies, but instead she pops her seat into my car on her way out. Its the cheaper option!

Chatterbox Childcare
21-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I have a Britax First Class Si which is rear facing from birth and comes with a baby insert. It is 7 years old so don't know if they still make it.

I had a mindee with me at 7 wks old, mum brought him in in the Maxi Cosi car seat and left me the base. After a few weeks she gave me a spare base which her mum bought for me!

She offered to buy me the next stage seat too as I'm out once a week with all 3 littlies, but instead she pops her seat into my car on her way out. Its the cheaper option!

I know we all use car seats for years but you are supposed to replace car seats every 4 years - ridiculous, so I use the parents ones whilst they are in stage 0. this way the equipment I am using is up to the latest standards.

cupcake22
21-05-2012, 07:46 PM
which make are they cupcake?

I bought them from Mothercare when they were on special offer a couple of years ago so dont know if they still do them. They are Britax Eclipse. Just had a look in the Argos catalogue & they do birth to 4yrs ones in there.

cupcake22