PDA

View Full Version : Self Assessment

webbthomas
19-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm attempting to go through my Quality of Care section for my first self-assessment and have stumbled at the bit on the quality of care / report section.

I have parent and child questionnaires which I intend to give out yearly, i.e. Oct 2012 as I only started in Oct 2011 but my current mindees finish in July 2012 so was intending on giving them out to them on leaving.

As my self-assessment has to be completed within 28 days of receipt (i.e. by middle of June) should I distribute these questionnaires sooner purely because I have to fill out quality of care report bearing in mind the parents also have a questionnaire from CSSIW?? :idea:

Hope I am making sense?! :blush:
Thanks very much.

aly
19-05-2012, 10:14 PM
yeah I would give them out sooner, no harm really....just do it as a 6 monthly {especially for the leaver} and then yearly.

manjay
20-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I think it depends on your parents! Are they the type who don't mind filling in forms? I think I would be careful of sending 2 questionnaires out at the same time. Both are important but I would want to make sure they fill in the ones for CSSIW. You may have gained views from parents by other means ie in daily diaries, comments etc which you can use as evidence that you take their opinions on board. Personally I would explain as you have to us what your intentions are and your inspector should be fine with that.