PDA

View Full Version : Britax B Dual straps

carebear25
19-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi

Those of you that have the Britax B dual do you find the straps on bottom seat quite short and struggle to get them on a larger child....

Monkey26
19-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Short short and shorter!!! I complained (as advised by OIABM) and got a set of "lengtheners" sent out but all it was was one of those full body harness walking things which you put on the child then D-clip onto the existing B-dual harnessss but it's a right 'ol faff and tbh I usually just strap the child in the bottom seat around their waist (pls don't all shout at me!!!) - its not such a problem in the warmer months but the original straps are way too short for kiddies wearing thick jumpers and coats in the middle of winter! Xx

PS. I'm sure OIABM will be along soon to confirm that the 2012 seats have longer straps...!! ;)

carebear25
19-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks JoJo My new lo who starts next week is a little chunky at 15mths so wit a warm coat on I struggled.... my other lo is 15mths as quite petite but still struggle, will just have 2 c how I go i guess x

onceinabluemoon
20-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Short short and shorter!!! I complained (as advised by OIABM) and got a set of "lengtheners" sent out but all it was was one of those full body harness walking things which you put on the child then D-clip onto the existing B-dual harnessss but it's a right 'ol faff and tbh I usually just strap the child in the bottom seat around their waist (pls don't all shout at me!!!) - its not such a problem in the warmer months but the original straps are way too short for kiddies wearing thick jumpers and coats in the middle of winter! Xx

PS. I'm sure OIABM will be along soon to confirm that the 2012 seats have longer straps...!! ;)

Really? Thats interesting, mine were just bits of strap with an adjuster so you could make them longer or shorter which fitted into the original shoulder strap, wonder why they changed what they sent out. To be honest you could probably make what they sent me out but they work so I'm not complaining.

Do you know which year yours was made in care bear? The one i have now was 2011 and that does have longer straps than the 2010 model (no idea about the 2012 model though sorry).

uf353432
20-05-2012, 11:38 AM
I must have a 2011 model because i'd not really noticed that the straps are too short and not had a problem myself. Mind you most of my mindee's have been quite dainty so this might be more likely the reason lol!

carebear25
20-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Really? Thats interesting, mine were just bits of strap with an adjuster so you could make them longer or shorter which fitted into the original shoulder strap, wonder why they changed what they sent out. To be honest you could probably make what they sent me out but they work so I'm not complaining.

Do you know which year yours was made in care bear? The one i have now was 2011 and that does have longer straps than the 2010 model (no idea about the 2012 model though sorry).

I have the 2010 model x

Monkey26
20-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Whoopsie yes I meant 2010 model with shorter straps then they changed them in 2011 :blush: xx